What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Playing beautifully after spin clean

An old record…Osibisa from Ghana…

5 Likes

Bob James Trio - Espresso - 2018 Evosound / Hong Kong MQA CD / EVSA572M

2 Likes

Live on the Double Planet and Strings of Steel by Michael Hedges are equally superb. There are a few duplicate tracks but worth getting anyway. I have them all on original vinyl. Introduced to his music in the old demo room of The Sound Organisation in Southwark, London.

4 Likes

Gardening finished for the day so time for some tunes.
First up Eagles - Hotel California on Vinyl

15 Likes

I used to nip in there during my lunchtime and use their record cleaning machine - I think it was 50p a record and you got a free dust sleeve must have been mid-80’s. Happy days.

1 Like

I’ve read your lifetime albums thread and found it very interesting. I was only 13 at the time and apart from the singles I had no real knowledge of the folk years. I would backtrack later. This concert was where I changed from boy to man. In my head and heart that is. Were you also at IOW?. Bob really is that cliche “soundtrack of my life “ Anyway in accordance with the subject of this thread I am currently listening to Nashville skyline. Another favourite.

5 Likes

Robbie Robertson - Sinematic

4 Likes

Michael Manring
Unusual Weather

2 Likes

On Vinyl:
Roger Daltrey - As Long As I Have You

4 Likes

listening to the 2nd quartet with Dawn Upshaw

3 Likes

On Vinyl:
Jack Johnson - Sleep Through the Static

9 Likes

IMG_0672

From this morning, The Horrible Crowes - Elsie. A side project for Brian Fallon of the Gaslight Anthem.

2 Likes

IMG_0676

Solo album from Patterson Hood of The Drive By Truckers, titled Heat Lightning Rumbles In The Distance.

2 Likes

Mellow rock from Chris Robinson Brotherhood - The Magic Door.

5 Likes

Ray LaMontagne - “Supernova” (2014)

4 Likes

Now playing…

Food - Quiet Inlet

Iain Ballamy (Tenor Saxophone, Soprano Saxophone), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics) and Thomas Strønen (Drums, Live Electronics).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this morning with Food’s Quiet Inlet and it is sounding sublime!

5 Likes

Streaming on Qobuz The New Mastersounds. It’s Soul, funk and jazz all rolled together. Just what I need as the afternoon transitions to early evening.

2 Likes

On CD:-

Van Morrison - Common One

14 Likes

Arthur or the Decline and fall of the British Empire [1969]
Now that I have finally moved this from the wrong thread… these are the Kinks making some more fine late 60s music.

10 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - Here To Stay - Music Matters 45RPM

7 Likes