What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Sarah McLachlan - Shine On

Sarah McLachlan (Guitar, Keyboards, Piano, Pump Organ, Ukulele, Vocals), Brian Blade (Drums), Paul Bushnell (Bass, Vocals), Matt Chamberlain (Percussion), Kevin Dean (Trumpet), Luke Doucet (Guitar, Vocals|), Jamie Edwards (Keyboards), Emmanuel Ethier (Guitar), Bill Gossage (Bass), David Grott (Trombone), Christine Jensen (Horn Arrangements, Alto Saxophone), Ingrid Jensen (Trumpet), Vincent Jones (Bass, Drum Programming, Guitar, Hammond B3, Keyboards), Abe Laboriel, Jr. (Drums), Pierre Marchand (Bass, Drum Programming, Drums, Keyboards, Piano), Melissa McClelland (Vocals), Philippe Melanson (Drums, Percussion), Joel Miller (Tenor Saxophone), Jamie Muhoberac (Keyboards, Vocals|), Chris Potter (Bass), Joel Shearer (Guitar, Vocals), Ashwin Sood (Drums) and Lyle Workman (Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… moving on this afternoon to Sarah and her beautiful voice and supported by a very large and talented group of musicians to complete this album. …and they are all sounding sublime!

10 Likes

Now playing…

Ron Miles - I Am A Man

Ron Miles (Cornet), Brian Blade (Drums), Bill Frisell (Guitar), Jason Moran (Piano) and Thomas Morgan (Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the early evening hours with Ron Miles fabulous ‘I Am A Man’ album. Ron has assembled a fantastic quintet for his album in memory of the 1968 workers strike in Memphis. A wonderful album and worth the time to give a listen. Fortunate to have seen everyone perform in person except Jason Moran and hopefully that will change in the future.

3 Likes

Buena Vista Social Club.

16 Likes

A Meeting by the River, Ry Cooder and VM Bhatt.

10 Likes

Each Perfume Genius album is a metamorphosis. Over the past decade, Mike Hadreas has transfigured from confessional balladeer to glittering prima donna to our baroque-pop bard. On his terrific fifth album Set My Heart on Fire Immediately, Hadreas emerges with all new contours. Guided once more by the meticulous work of producer Blake Mills and an expert troupe of musicians, including experimental saxophonist Sam Gendel and renowned session drummer Jim Keltner, Hadreas glides between sublime melodies and grimy, guttural dissonance.

1 Like

I’ve been listening to this for 40 years now. Firstly on cassette, my second tape as a 9th birthday present. Now in it’s 4th format. Don’t know where the cassette went, but I’ve got the LP and CD still. Now streaming.

Still really enjoy it and am hearing new things thanks to the recent V281 headphone amp.

Edit: Just checked the meta data, must have been my 10th birthday, so only 39 years of listening :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Toyah from earlier in the year

5 Likes

A glass of red and Simon and Garfunkel’s Bridge Over Troubled Water.

20 Likes

Meat Loaf, Bat Out of Hell, 96K download

Starting the day with something LOUD!!!

10 Likes

A classic Bowie album, Hunky Dory.

20 Likes

Dont play her much but got most of her albums. Need to dig out some today. Can’t understand a single word she’s singing but music is good.

5 Likes

Maroon Town are a London band who play a great mix is ska, soul and funk. They played at a WemsFest gig last year and are due to play again in November, which sadly seems most unlikely. They have recorded from home a great version of their vintage ska song Bond, which is on their latest album Freedom Call. It’s great.

6 Likes

Thanks, just ordered.

Tania Maria - Come With Me - 2003 Concord / US SACD Hybrid / SACD 1002 6

Some fabulous Brazilian music to start the day, on this Hybrid SACD remaster.

2 Likes

Good start of the week

6 Likes

6 Likes

Has been some time that I played this one. Hope soon a new album will arrive of these guys.

3 Likes