What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Procol Harum, Procol Harum, cd rip

Next up on the Assett Album Jukebox - can’t complain about it’s choice :wink:

15 Likes

I believe you……

1 Like

6 Likes

Now playing…

Brandford Marsalis Quarter - The Secret Between the Shadow and the Soul

Branford Marsalis (Saxophone, Joey Calderazzo (Piano), Eric Revis (Bass), Justin Faulkner (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Monday morning with the Branford Marsalis Quartet album released in February 2019. This is the first spin for this album and is sounding mighty fine! …particularly enjoying the second track,“Conversation Among the Ruins” and looking forward to the rest of the album,

4 Likes

Bonfire Nights | Entopica Phenomica | 2016
Good Brit’ psyche rock sounding like a blend of Josefin Öhrn, The Black Angels and Moon Duo… nice and one of my favourite psyche albums of 2016.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Terje Rypdal – Odyssey in Studio & in Concert

Terje Rypdal (Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Synthesizer, Soprano Saxophone), Torbjørn Sunde (Trombone), Brynjulf Blix (Organ, Synthesizer, Electric Piano), Sveinung Hovensjø (Bass Guitar) and Svein Christiansen (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… after hearing that Terje had a new album being released in September, curtesy of @Lontano over in the ‘Manfred Eicher and ECM’s amazing recording’ thread’, I thought I would take out this fantastic release from 2012 out for a spin! This is a 3 CD, 2:35:12, fifteen track, journey with Terje and this very talented quintet of musicians! Sounding very, very sweet…

4 Likes

I’ve got that album and listened to it a couple of times recently. I know what you mean - his recent solo work seems to be quite low key with less of his trademark catchy tunes. His recent albums seem to be very much a family affair as well, with his two sons and wife contributing to them. By coincidence, I listened to a couple of them earlier today - Out Of Silence and Dizzy Heights and I was a bit underwhelmed.

IMG_0906

IMG_0905

4 Likes

This box celebrating Odyssey was released in 2012 and the third disc of a concert added to this release. Originally the album came out on vinyl in 1975 (without the concert) but when released on CD for the first time in 1988 they could not fit the last track Rolling Stone onto the CD so left it off. A big miss for many. This box fixed that problem many years later.

I am going to play one of my favourite Terje albums, If Mountains Could Sing from 1995…

3 Likes

Some early Pat Metheny

11 Likes

Peter Gabriel - Shaking The Tree: Sixteen Golden Greats, although a best of, this collection boasts a brand new song ( as of 1990 ), a couple of remixed tracks with new additions and other tracks feature elements not heard in their normal form on the original albums.

16 Likes

Welcome back @dave-marshall - you may like to know that the Alabamas have just finished recording their new album. Ese and Sheena contributed backing vox. It’s sounding good, a return to the style of their first albums IMO. As soon as I have a release date I’ll let you know.

5 Likes

Thanks for the update…brill😁

1 Like

That’s cheered me up. Keep me informed. Thanks :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

11 Likes

The Beatles - Let it Be

Picked up today and that completes the core catalogue for me. Half way through and it’s light and fun so far.

20 Likes

Just getting in to this album

15 Likes

Chelsea hotel. Great album. I seem to remember there was a wonderful line that Janis said to Leonard about her preferring handsome men but in his case she was prepared to make an exception.:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Cheers @TheKevster, it wasn’t until quite recently that I made the connection between the Country Acid House Music folks and Ese … rock on!

2 Likes

First play of this that I bumped into at the weekend. Pat’s brother Mike supported here by Pat…

3 Likes

Chilli Willi and the Red Hot Peppers in Bongos Over Balham

8 Likes