What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Listening to this on the new Qobuz releases, quality of the recordings are great, for any era. On his day Elvis was superb, you get 4 hours…perhaps too long, but a great package.

7 Likes

T Rex - Electric Warrior on vinyl. I’ve never heard this album before, although I’m familiar with a a couple of the tracks. Very good it is too.

18 Likes

11 Likes

Genesis - From Genesis to Revelation

Still pupils at Charterhouse school, this is the groups first album. Technically and sound quality wise not great, but quintessentially early Genesis.

6 Likes

Just fancied listening to these guys last album…bought from their website.

6 Likes

Now playing…

Andreas Vollenweider - Quiet Places

Andreas Vollenweider (Harp), Isabel Gehweiler (Cello) and Walter Keiser (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… after a mention from @Kryptos on the ‘Album of the Year 2020’ thread I placed this in the queue and now taking out for a spin and it is sounding mighty sweet!

7 Likes

Van Morrison- The Prophet Speaks, more recordings from the sessions with Joey DeFrancesco.

8 Likes

Glad you like!

1 Like

I love this album by Elvis Costello and Burt Bacharach, but only had it on CD. I decided to splash out on the Mofi vinyl version and I’m quite astonished how much better it sounds than the CD.

10 Likes

Great album. Cannot compare to vinyl version but i have both cd versions and the Mofi version is much better.

7 Likes

Now you’re talking. Brilliant

1 Like

Now playing…

Waxahatchee - Saint Cloud

Katie Crutchfield (vocals, acoustic guitar, piano, keys), Brad Cook (bass, acoustic guitar, piano, keys, synth), Bobby Colombo (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys), Bill Lennox (electric guitar, acoustic guitar, keys, percussion), Nick Kinsey (drums, percussion) and Josh Kaufman (electric guitars, piano, organ, percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the afternoon with Waxahatchee’s ‘Saint Cloud’ album. Katie’s vocals and the very fine group of musicians are sounding mighty sweet!

8 Likes

In The Heart Of The Moon was originally issued only on cd but was issued on vinyl a few years ago. It should still be available. Try the World Circuit website.
This music was the music that I would rock my then new third born to to sleep most nights. I remember the time with great affection. She on the other hand has no recollection of it :sunglasses:
It is a beautiful and peaceful album.

1 Like

Now Playing…

Ray LaMontagne - Monovision

Ray LaMontagne (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Keyboards, Percussion, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this album released in 2020 by Ray and he is sounding superb!

13 Likes

Vinyl

14 Likes

16/44.1 FLAC This is a great live album and a great recording

1 Like

Seen this posted a few times, finally have a chance to listen. Bonny Light Horsemen.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Seeing me through Friday night.

4 Likes