What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Sarah McLachlan - Fumbling Towards Ecstasy

Streaming on NAS… after spending ‘An Intiment Evening With Sarah McLachlan’ last evening, I thought I would kick off the day with her as well. A wonderful show and she has one beautiful and powerful voice and a talented pianist! …and this is one sweet album.

9 Likes

Bang on queue that, Pete!

:balloon: :balloon: Happy Birthday Dave Davies! :balloon: :birthday:

73 years old Today! :smiley:

David Russell Gordon Davies (born 3 February 1947) is an English singer, songwriter and guitarist. He is the lead guitarist and backing singer (occasionally singing lead) for English rock band the Kinks, which also features his elder brother Sir Ray Davies.

In 2003, Dave Davies was ranked 91st in Rolling Stone Magazine’s list of the “100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time”.

9 Likes

Hard to believe that this is over 20 years old. It still sounds very ‘fresh’ to me.
Great album.

19 Likes

Fegmania /Robyn Hitchcock &The Egyptians,from the 5 disc box set”Luminous Groove “.

1 Like

Doyle Bramhall II & Smokestack - Welcome

3 Likes

The Rolling Stones - Exile On Main Street

After the cameo role of Sweet Virginia in the excellent Knives Out (as mentioned in the Must-See Movies thread), I felt the urge to listen to my favourite Stones album.

21 Likes

Goldfrapp - Head First

One of their best. It didn’t have the backing coming through quite as well as I remembered, so I powered everything down, unplugged and replugged everything both ends and hey presto. Takes a few tracks to sort itself out and then it’s like a box upgrade! Makes you think that tweakers should just do this every month. I was thinking of bimonthly as RD suggested recently.

Phil

15 Likes

If you can find her live album, ‘Love for Sale’, Its a cracker.

2017 CD - The Waterboys’ classic album Fisherman’s Blues first released in October 1988.

10 Likes

This is Psychedelic Backfire II by Elephant Nine. Ståle Storløkken’s keyboards on this are AWESOME!

3 Likes

1 Like

2 Likes

Drive-By Truckers - The Unraveling

9 Likes

Low / Bowie,vinyl from box set “ A New Carreer In A New Town “.

9 Likes

Booker T - Potato Hole, with backing from Neil Young and Drive By Truckers :+1:

9 Likes

Now playing…

Ayo - Royal

Streaming on TIDAL… returning from a early morning workout and taking Ayo out for a spin. I listened to this album the other day and wanted to give her another spin, and she is sounding mighty sweet!

4 Likes

This album is brilliant in every way music, mastering, pressing, SQ, cover.

Pure Pleasure Records (Vinyl.

10 Likes

What a great cover @T38.45!

More Elephant 9 brilliance - Psychedelic Backfire I. Sounds like the most mental prog you’ve ever heard!

3 Likes

Underrated Silence [2012]
Some lovely, gentle, ambient shoegaze from Ulrich Schnauss (now with Tangerine Dream) and Mark Peters from Engineers.

5 Likes