What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I’ve been hearing ‘Guilty’ on the radio the last week or so. Just qobuz downloaded this, and cheaper than Amazon CD.

Sounds pretty good.

2 Likes

One of my favourite Carlos Santana solo albums with Booker T, the fabulous thunderbirds and Willie Nelson.

8 Likes

Great album Gazza :+1:

1 Like

Little Village, the one and only album under this moniker for Messrs Cooder, Hiatt, Lowe and Keltner.

12 Likes

Ha! Another album cover shot just down the road from me at Dungeness.

IMG_0972

The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup. This was a gap in my Stones collection which I filled with the recent vinyl reissue and, on first listen, I enjoyed it. The only track I’d heard before was Angie.

20 Likes

17 Likes

The Pineapple Thief - Your Wilderness. A Kscope hires reissue (24/48) available on Bandcamp.

8 Likes

Kasey Johansing - The Hiding. Some lovely dreamy folk-pop music from this resident of California, released a couple of years ago. I notice that Eric D Johnson co-produced the album and plays on a couple of tracks. I mention this as he is part of the wonderful band who released the Bonny Light Horseman album which is a favourite of some on this forum.

1 Like

Now playing…

Nils Petter Molvaer - Solid Ether

Nils Petter Molvaer (Piccolo Trumpet, Trumpet, Synthesizer, Basses, Loops, Electronics, Samples, Synth-Bass, Percussion, Effects, Electronic Trumpet, Keyboard, Vocoder Trumpet, Voice Effects, Beats, Piano), Elvind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Audun Erlien (Bass), Paal Nyhus (Beats, Samples, Voices, Vinyl, Ambience), Per Linvall (Drums), Rune Arnesen (Drums) and Sidsel Endresen (Vocal).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with the mention from @Ian earlier in the day and taking Nils and this very talented group of musicians out for a mid-afternoon spin as I get ready for my exercise routine for the day. Great beat and great music to move by or just sit in your favorite listening positing and enjoy! Sounding mighty sweet…

7 Likes

R.E.M. - Monster. The vinyl reissue which has a remix by Scott Litt. Not my favourite of theirs, but it’s actually better than I remember.

13 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - So I Write

Sidsel Endresen (Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet, Flugelhorn, Percussion), Django Bates (Piano) and Jon Christensen (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with Sidsel who lovely voice closed out the previous album from Nils and she is sounding sublime! ‘So I Write’ features a fantastic quartet and they are sounding so, so sweet…

5 Likes

A friend sent me a dsd of this album of Indonesian music so I settled in with a book I’ve meant to read for a long time, A Single Man by Christopher Isherwood. Both are so good I pressed repeat on the Atom app and haven’t stirred for some time.

Really enjoying this so far (cd1)

3 CDs worth of Beatles covers. On the first CD there are some immediately skippable, some are good wedding band approximations but there are quite a few bringing quite a smile to my face, Atlantic Bridge with their Jazz take on dear prudence and Duffy Power’s fragile acoustic fixing a hole.

Another great (and great sounding) compilation from Cherry Red.

.sjb

1 Like

Thank you so much. I heard this years ago and forgot about it until now.

1 Like

Many think of Black Magic Woman and Santana and when Peter Green was inducted into the music hall of fame Santana joined him on stage to perform Peter’s song.

12 Likes

Forgot I got this last week and hadn’t played it, so far so good.

Bob Dylan Live 75

14 Likes

If you’re going to end your recording career after just four years, your final album might as well be as close to perfection as Bobbie’s Patchwork. UK first press vinyl.

3 Likes

I’ve been playing this quite a bit lately. The synchronicity is incredible.
Unfortunately both are no longer with us.

7 Likes

Calexico. The thread that keeps us. An album that I know the cover very well but not the music. Posted a few times by @Pete_the_painter I think. Enjoying a lot.

8 Likes