What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

3 Likes

18 Likes

Two members of a band now not together,The Bushbury’s, think Simon and Garfunkel harmonies /melodies.

1 Like

Diana Krall - This Dream Of You

Blimey, Diana is standing between my speakers, singing just to me. Well that’s how it seems.

14 Likes

Listening to this on CD (rather than LP) for a change. Whatever the format, it’s still friggin’ great:

16 Likes

And @lemans3 I’m a big fan of the Help Yourself highly recommended.

1 Like

Hugh Masekela - Hope

Belter! If you sample this, make sure you listen to the last track, Stimela (The Coal Train)

16 Likes

Now playing…

Sidsel Endresen - Exile

Sidsel Endresen (Voice), Django Bates (Piano, Tenor Horn), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet), Jon Christensen (Drums, Percussion), David Darling (Cello) and Jens Bugge Wesseltoft (Keyboards).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Wednesday morning with Sidsel’s ‘Exile’ album featuring her beautiful voice and the sweet music from the talented musicians who fill out this sextet! A wonderful album to ease into the day…

1 Like

The complete Stax-volt singles 1959-1968. Disc 5 sees Sam & Dave get into their stride. Great tracks including Eddie Floyd’s Things get better.

7 Likes

Wilko Johnson / Roger Daltrey - Going Back Home.

Just two old geezers giving it plenty … erm, LOUD!

13 Likes

1 Like

This was recorded when Wilko thought he had terminal cancer and had about 9 months left to live. This was has farewell with his old mate and it’s brilliant! Has cancer was fully cured and he’s still around.

1 Like

Ex-Beta Band members in a very 60’s sounding album. Happy music.

1 Like

My favourite Jim Hall and a stunning dynamic recording to boot.

G

2 Likes

John Martyn. Sapphire. Chilling with a beer.

12 Likes

The demos of Polly’s brilliant third album. Wonderful.

9 Likes

Got this in Sainsbury’s…on offer for a tenner! Vinyl.

13 Likes

Anna von Hausswolf - All Thoughts Fly.

Just A v H on the organ no vocals this time. Chugs along most nicely.

4 Likes

Bob n’ Johnny

G

12 Likes