What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

That’s before you were born if I remember correctly. 1983 was a great time for music.

1 Like

7 Likes

Unfortunately I’m 48 but thanks for nearly knocking 10 years off :slight_smile:

All the best

20 Likes

Annie Lennox - Bare [2003]

Annie revealing another part of herself with that beautiful voice of hers.

12 Likes

My sympathies Phil.

2 Likes

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - As Falls Wichita, So Falls Wichita Falls

Pat Metheny (6- and 12-string Guitar, Electric Guitar, Bass), Lyle Mays (Piano, Synthesizer, Organ, Autoharp) and Nana Vasconcelos (Berimbau, Percussion, Drums, Vocals).

Streaming on NAS… spending the noon hour with Pat, Lyle and Nana and the company could not be any better! This is one sweet album…

14 Likes

We saw Sonny Rollins at the time this was released, on his only U.K. date that year. Fairfield Halls Croydon of all places.

4 Likes

9 Likes

10 Likes

Many years ago, a dear old colleague at the Glasgow Evening Times introduced me to Metheny via this album, and I remain grateful – even though said colleague also told me that every evening when he commuted home to Edinburgh, he’d feel his IQ rise the moment he alighted at Waverley station!

1 Like

I just watched this guy play with Carlos Santana on Youtube…playing brilliantly. So thought i would look out a McLaughlin album…drumming is excellent.

6 Likes

I love Scott Hamilton. We saw him at the Pizza Express in Dean Street last year, and on Sunday we are going again. He’s such a nice man and a brilliant sax player.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Pat Metheny - Day Trip

Pat Metheny (guitar), Christian McBride (acoustic bass) and Antonio Sanchez (drums).

Streaming on TIDAL… continuing on with some more from Pat and friends and sounding sublime! …another sweet album…

11 Likes

10 Likes

If you haven’t heard this before - you’re missing out. Love the live sound and the mic’ing.

9 Likes

Ooh…that’s nice

1 Like

Folder

10 Likes

Album of the decade, I believe, well certainly for me

18 Likes

24 Likes