What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

2nd part, old fashioned progressive rock, like it

3 Likes

Must give this a listen… old fashioned prog is definitely my kind of thing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agusa, Högtid, bandcamp

More ‘old fashioned prog’ :slight_smile:

folder

2 Likes

David Knopfler

Grace

Edward

4 Likes

Described as “genre fluid”. Certainly a fusion of jazz, world and Soul. There’s a horn section and some great percussion going on. I’m only two tracks in but enjoying this a lot.

1 Like

The sunshine has come to an end and now there is a distinct chill to the air. To reverse the dichotomy, I’m listening to The Cello Suites inspired by Bach performed by Yo-Yo Ma. This is his second recording where his bow dances with an ethereal transcendence, capturing the rhythm of harmonious resonance.

5 Likes

David Knopfler

Last Train Leaving

Edward

3 Likes

Viktoria Mullova, Giuliano Carmignola - Vivaldi Concertos for two violins

7 Likes

Basia Bulat - Are You In Love?

4 Likes

Funny how your first response seems to have disappeared. :thinking:

Natalie Merchant - Ophelia, on CD from 1998, the follow up to the brilliant Tigerlily.

Wonderful vocals, with some lush backings and very good arrangements = great music.

12 Likes

I heard that the Corona is not getting along with Progrock …
And certainly not with the opening quintet -
Crimson_Court_200pix Days_Of_Future_Passed ELP_1st_Album Fragile zappa-money-200x200

14 Likes

I expected that to happen :sunglasses:

Against the rules I assume…

1st run

4 Likes

The Sleep Eazys - Easy To Buy, Hard To Sell

5 Likes

Isobel Campbell - There Is No Other

7 Likes
3 Likes

Spending some time this Monday with Miles - Kind Of Blue

16 Likes

Luca Stricagnoli - What If?

Luca Stricagnoli - Luca Stricagnoli

Instrumental mixes of originals and covers … my, but this chap can play the guitar, taking it new levels with his original technique.

He inhabits yon Tidal thingy, so go on, have a bash. :+1:

2 Likes

Neil Young - Harvest Moon - original vinyl
One of Neil’s great folk rock albums, what superb songs.
One of these Days has been going round and round my head for a few days, I think it’s because in this time I’m keeping in more frequent message and video contact with friends than I normally do, the modern equivalent of “One of these days I’m gonna sit down and write a long letter, to all the good friends I’ve known.”

18 Likes