What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

I like the video of his track…Valentine

1 Like

Nice write up, @anon93526344

2 Likes

I edited…to acknowledge…it’s From the Guardian…

I thought a write up would give a better picture rather than only photos since the artist isn’t well known outside of world music circle I guess…

Maybe somebody will try his music :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

They’re in for a treat if they do … he’s a master musician. :notes: :notes:

2 Likes

Rock ‘n’ Roll Party, Honouring Les Paul [2011]

Joining in with the celebration of Paul’s 105th birthday the notes below shamelessly ripped from the Amazon blurb.

Jeff Beck playing his friend and mentor’s music, along with classic tunes from the era, in the same Times Square nightclub that Paul played every Monday for 14 years before his death in August 2009.

Billed as “A Celebration of Les Paul,” Beck was joined by The Imelda May Band at the Iridium Jazz Club in June 2010. Other guest performers joining Beck onstage included Brian Setzer, Gary “U.S.” Bonds, and Trombone Shorty.

“Les was my inspiration,” says Beck. “For years I had always wanted to do something for Les to show him how much I respected and admired what he had done. Les used to play every week at the Iridium Jazz Club in New York City, so for me it was the obvious and fitting place for a ‘Salute’ to him.”

9 Likes

Yes mpw “In the heart of the moon “ should be in every music lovers library.

3 Likes

Simon & Garfunkel - Greatest Hits - WAV CD rip
American folk-rock perfection, magical harmonies, thoughtful evocative beautiful lyrics, compelling tunes. In case I didn’t make it clear, I like it. :grinning:

23 Likes

Yes but will it stand the test of time?:thinking:

3 Likes

Cowboy Junkies. The caution horses. Another beautiful album recommended by seakayaker

9 Likes

Spirit - Twelve Dreams of Dr. Sardonicus.

Magnificent and still relevant today.

14 Likes

Culture - Two Sevens Clash - Lightning Records 1978 - UK Press
Debut record from reggae superstars Culture. I’m trawling through my reggae collection and playing records I haven’t played recently.

11 Likes

12 Likes

Seem to remember she was recorded on the Naim label a while back. Lipstick Conspiracies. Very good voice.

My favourite roots type reggae album.

Haha! I should look at what’s already been posted for the evening. By coincidence I put this one up too. Great choice!!

1 Like

71++mK3Kw5L.SS500

On vinyl, enjoying my new Ekos SE/1, Kandid and Karousel… :notes: :grin:

14 Likes

Just finished…

Food - Mercurial Balm

Thomas Strønen (Drums, Percussion, Electronics), Iain Ballamy (Saxophones, Electronics), Christian Fennesz (Guitar, Electronics), Eivind Aarset (Guitar, Electronics), Prakash Sontakke (Slide Guitar, Vocal), Nils Petter Molvaer (Trumpet).

Streamed on NAS (44.1/16)… after a short conference call I took ‘Food’ out for a spin while having an early lunch. As alway, I do love this album, they sounded sublime!

10 Likes

Now playing…

Thea Gilmore - The Lipstick Conspiracies

Thea Gilmore (Vocals, Acoustic Guitar), Nigel Stonier (Acoustic Guitar, Piano, Mandolin, Vocals), Rod Clements (Bass Guitar), Jonny Bridgewood (Double Bass on tracks: 4, 5, 9), Roy Martin (Drums, Percussion), Chris Sheehan (Electric Guitar), and Paul Burgess (Percussion on tracks: 1, 2, 8).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… going with a mention from @Graeme regarding 'Lipstick Conspiracies from Thea. It is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album!

7 Likes

Amazing record - the textures and depth Tomita elicited from the Moogs is brilliant.

4 Likes