What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

LP - JazzWaxRecords : )

Disc: 1

1. In The Still Of The Night 2:53
  2. It s All Right With Me 2:55
  3. Love For Sale 3:30
  4. Just One Of Those Things 2:25
  5. I ve Got You Under My Skin 2:51
  6. Every Time We Say Goodbye 2:21

Disc: 2

1. Night And Day 2:34
  2. Easy To Love 2:38
  3. Why Can t You Behave 3:02
  4. I Love Paris 2:13
  5. I Concentrate On You 3:12
  6. It s De-Lovely 2:28
  7. What Is This Thing Called Love 3:08*

<>

Cole Porter was born on this day in 1891 :us:

Cole Porter 1891-1964

16 Likes

Heard this on RP yesterday and thought I’d give it a spin, Jeff Beck, Wired, Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, sounding rather splendid on Qobuz 96/24

14 Likes

Bob Dylan - Bringing It All Back Home

From the Mono Box Set

16 Likes

Steve Winwood - Nine Lives, released in '08, this is to date, his lastest studio offering.

10 Likes

Could not find Nine Lives…but this us rather good. Recently released

6 Likes

Now playing…

Khruangbin & Leon Bridges - Texas Sun

Leon Bridges (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Khruangbin: Donald Johnson, Jr. (Drums, Electric Piano, Upright Piano)Chase Jordan (Vibraphone), Laura Lee (Bass, Vocals), Ruben Moreno (Accordion), Charlie Perez Percussion), Mark Speer (Electric Guitar, Percussion, Synthesizer, Vocals) and Will Van Horn (Pedal Steel).

Streaming on Qobuz ( )… a mention from @Bobthebuilder on the 'What Was The Last Vinyl You Bought thread had me place this in the Qobuz queue to give this recently released four track album out for a spin. So here goes the inaugural launch of ‘Texas Sun’ (in my room anyway) and the opening track is sounding sweet and looking forward to the rest of the album!

7 Likes

Lacksley Castell - Speak Softly - Negus Roots - 2005 reissue
One of my favourite reggae singers who unfortunately died at 24 from an Asthma attack after a bout of TB so he left hardly any music behind. Just three LP’s this one, Princess Lady and a joint record Jah Fire with the excellent Hugh Mundell which I’ve just bought .

2 Likes

@Debs There is no other choice I could make… :laughing:

Thank goodness for Les Paul, and all he created for the music industry!

4 Likes

5 Likes

I’m very jealous you have a ‘real’ copy!!!

An excellent release @seakayaker and from an all Texan line up, I don’t know if you’ve heard Leon Bridge’s debut ‘Coming Home’ which is excellent he had a follow up too which was a bit R&B/Pop for my tastes.

1 Like

Celebrating his Birthday - there are numerous great versions of this Cole Porter song - Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and Sergio Mendes - but I have picked Diana Krall singing Night and Day from Turn Up The Quiet.

15 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Shadows and Light, live Joni, during her jazzy period, backed by some top notch musicians.

10 Likes

20 Likes

Israel Vibration. The same song. Also got this on vinyl in dub.(Israel Tafari)

Now playing…

Billy Joel - The Nylon Curtin

Billy Joel (Harmonica, Keyboards, Melodica, Hammond Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals), Dave Brown (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Dominic Cortese (Accordion), Eddie Daniels (Clarinet, Saxophone, Wind), Liberty DeVitto (Drums, Percussion, Electric Piano), Dave Grusin (Horn, Horn Arrangements, String Arrangements, Strings), Russell Javors (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar), Charles McCracken (Cello), Rob Mounsey (Synthesizer), Doug Stegmeyer (Bass) and Bill Zampino (Drums, Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with some of Billy Joel’s music and one of my favorites is the ‘The Nylon Curtain’ and it has been awhile since I have given it a spin. Sounding mighty sweet! So much music, so little time…

6 Likes

I had picked up a copy of Leon’s “Coming Home” (Apple Music) after listening to ‘River’ on the ‘Big Little Lies’ series on HBO. A very fine album. That series also had me picking up albums from Michael Kiwanuka with “Cold Little Heart” and Agnes Obel’s “September Song.”

It would have been nice if 'Khruangbin & Leon Bridges" could have completed more tracks for the ‘Texas Sun’ album. Thanks Bob for posting the album.

1 Like

3 Likes

Antimatter, The Judas Table.

Deep, dark and emotional. I love this album.

3 Likes

I had a copy back in the early 80’s too but it got stolen/borrowed/lost I bought this reissue about 10 years ago from a seller in France, Champion Sounds I think.
I’ve just bought a Greensleeves 2013 reissue the record he did with Hugh Mundell for 16.50 inc post on Discogs.
ps I put the track Speak Softly as the title above rather than the album name Morning Glory.