What are you listening to in 2020 and WHY might anyone be interested?

Now playing…

Vince Gill - Down To My Last Bad Habit

Vince Gill (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Vocals), Richard Bennett (Acoustic Guitar), Chris Botti (Trumpet), Bekka Bramlett (Vocal Harmony), Tom Bukovac (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Cam (Vocals), Eric Darken (Percussion), Fred Eltringham (Drums, Percussion), Karen Fairchild (Vocals), Paul Franklin (Steel Guitar), |Corrina Gill (Vocal Harmony, Vocals), Tony Harrell (Accordion, Hammond B3, Piano, Wurlitzer), Ellie Holcomb (Vocal Harmony), Dann Huff (Electric Guitar), Kirk “Jelly Roll” Johnson (Harmonica), Steve Jordan (Drums, Percussion), Charlie Judge (Hammond B3, Keyboards, Synthesizer), Kim Keyes (Vocal Harmony), Alison Krauss (Vocal Harmony|), Dean Parks (Electric Guitar), Michael Rhodes (Bass), Kimberly Schlapman (Vocals), Phillip Sweet (Vocals), Jenny Van Valkenburg (Vocal Harmony), Pete Wasner (Wurlitzer), Willie Weeks (Bass), Jimi Westbrook (Vocals), Charlie Worsham (Vocal Harmony) and Reese Wynans (Hammond B3).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with the very talented Vince Gill and a ton of support from the artists appearing with him on this album. I did have the pleasure of seeing Vince perform a couple of time in the 90’s and enjoy his music quite a bit!

10 Likes

2 x LP - EMI / MoFi 2010 reissue Limited Edition no. 000442 : )

Michael Arnopol - bass
Eric Montzka or Nate Smith - drums, percussion
Neal Alger - guitar
Chris Potter - saxophone
Patricia Barber - vocals, piano, melodica, producer

Album originally released on Blue Note 2008

12 Likes

Just had a look at prices for A Strange Encounter on Discogs and yes indeed! My copy is only download files though, don’t think I ever saw a CD of this. The other rare one is the first self done album Falls In The Dark but I only have a cdr of that courtesy of a friend.

I have an album of his I play regularly, nice posts. :+1:

1 Like

Now playing…

Now playing…

k. d. lang - Ingenue (25th anniversary edition)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on this afternoon with k. d. and this beatiful 18 track version of Ingenue. The lady has one fantastic voice and just love her music! This is one sweet album…

10 Likes

Or will we :shushing_face:

1 Like

I live in hope. His love of music was inspiring, if expensive to the people like me who couldn’t resist the music he introduced us to.

3 Likes

Agreed, he was always part of the forum. Time will tell I guess, I’ll play some Steely Dan latter today see if that flushes him out.

3 Likes

I played Aja yesterday and there was no bite.

1 Like

My copy is 00586 :slight_smile:

Claude

1 Like

@narcom recommended classical music from Schmelzer a couple months ago. It raised my interest as it was played by Ensemble Masques, a Quebec-based Baroque ensemble I had never heard of before.

After some research, I found that gem. Routes du café (Coffee Roads, in French) features music by English, French, German (J-S Bach), Turkish and Canadian composers about Coffee. Who knew that Bach had writen a “Coffee Cantata”? I certainly didn’t.

After a first listen, it is a blend of classical and oriental music, and great singing. Plus the sound quality is beyond reproach.

Claude

5 Likes

Starting my day with Vivaldi, Karajan Edition

5 Likes

Rehearsals for the 1972 tour.

3 Likes

Alabama 3 box set. Acid. Can’t get enough of this first disc. Perfect accompaniment to my Rice Krispies. Snap, crackle and just a little pop.

5 Likes

Gentle, melodic and hypnotic.

8 Likes

Jon Hopkins Diamond Mine.

9 Likes

Velvet Underground - All Tomorrow’s Parties

8 Likes

The Kinks - Come Dancing

6 Likes

Cheap Trick - Surrender

2 Likes