What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Deeply unfashionable I know, but a late night blast of Xanadu on headphones is just what is required

16 Likes

Being a huge Van fan I buy everything he releases but really didn’t give this much time when released. It’s really rather good.

16 Likes

And a short jump to this

17 Likes

This woman is so beautiful and the music so good. Just enjoy!

2 Likes

Neil Young Old Ways.

13 Likes

Now playing…

Ron Carter & Richard Galliano ‎– An Evening With Ron Carter, Richard Galliano (Live At The Theaterstübchen, Kassel)

Ron Carter (Bass) and Richard Galliano (Accordian).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… after a mention from @RexManning and @anon4489532 in the Speakers for acoustic bass thread had me tee this album up for a spin. Enjoying the opening track and looking forward to the rest of the album!

10 Likes

Now playing…

Nenad Vasilic - Bass Room

Nenad Vasilic (Double Bass, Fretless Bass).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @jsaudio in the Speakers for acoustic bass thread had me tee this album up for a spin. Opening track is sounding sublime and looking forward to the rest of the album, thanks for the recommendation!

4 Likes
4 Likes

Don Nix - Gone Too Long - 1976

No credits given for this album but rumoured to be:-
Don Nix - Vocals, Guitar
Leon Russell - Piano, Keyboards
George Harrison - Guitar
John Mayall - Vocals, Guitar
Donald “Duck” Dunn - Bass

8 Likes

I was not a big fan of Ray La Montagne until his “change of direction” album, Ouroboros, the album that precedes this one, Part Of The Light.

I’m a sucker for anything with a flavour of eastern timpani.
Gentle and interesting enough intro to the day.

6 Likes

4 Likes

Happy Weekend!

I will now help to wake up the neighbours a bit … :wink:

1 Like

Grandkids tucked in bed and hopefully asleep time for a few albums, starting with JJ Cale Naturally

19 Likes

Beatles For sale. Stereo cd. Although I also have mono vinyl. Good either way.

Cool cover :sunglasses:

26 Likes

An excellent choice.

My first listen, first track’s a bit of a surprise.

John Martyn One World.

13 Likes

Kenny Drew - Undercurrent

It’s been far too long since I last played this superb hard bop album. Drew’s last album before leaving the US for Copenhagen. The musicians are on fire, particularly Hubbard and Mobley, who each contribute some truly fine solos. Recorded December 1960 at Van Gelder Studio.

15 Likes

Yes - Yes.

YES!!

14 Likes

Shostakovich Symphony 7, Leningrad - Gergiev

Listening to this to reacquaint myself with it before the Jansons set arrives this afternoon. This could be hard to beat.

5 Likes

For no other reason than it is a Saturday night and I’ve been hum the tilts track all day.

Bowie Let’s Dance

22 Likes