What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Who are you calling big ears, I have every petit ears thank you very much. :grin:

I quite her new album, first track gets you in. :+1:

1 Like

I’ll have to give these guys another listen, I played one earlier that I’m still not sure about.

1 Like

Florence and the Machine High as Hope

6 Likes

Pretty sure it’s ‘Identity’

6 Likes

Indeed, and very nice too.

1 Like

Just returned from my rural offline retreat to hear the terribly sad news of the passing of Lee Scratch Perry.
JA music has lost some true heroes in the last few months alone,Toots, Bunny Wailer, U Roy and now Scratch who no doubt will be dubbing them up somewhere travelling the cosmic universe in his Black Ark.

From the water, earth to outer space, never a boaster but a positive toaster…
RIP and respect most definitely due Hugh Rainford Perry aka Pipecock Jackson aka Lee Scratch Perry.
:heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart::heart:

7 Likes

Daryl Hall & John Oates - Voices

13 Likes

The Holmes Brothers - Feed My Soul

4 Likes

I seem to recall some Wishbone Ash being posted recently, so…

Argus, listening to the expanded edition with bonus tracks from the Live In Memphis promotional EP.

21 Likes

Human League - Dare

18 Likes

11 Likes

The Who - The Kids Are Alright, an excellent compilation collecting relevant live performances spanning the years up to the end of the seventies. The film that this release compliments is highly recommended too.

17 Likes

Steely Dan - The Royal Scam

My favourite Dan album by a long shot. I’ve adored this since I was first introduced to it at 17. Every song is a scorcher and the two guitar solos on Kid Charlemagne are among the finest that Larry Carlton has ever crafted.

27 Likes

Upsetter Record Shop vol 2 1969 - 1973

Brilliant Heartbeat label compilation of Scratch’s formative years prior to building the Black Ark, sourced from the master tapes
Includes such gems as The Inspirations Tighten Up & Dillingers version Tighten Up Skank. Tighten Up of course was the inspiration for the series of classic Trojan compilations

:heart:

10 Likes

ZZ Top - Eliminator.

23 Likes

New Order. Technique.

7 Likes

The new one from the Cold Stares. Rock out!

2 Likes

Social Distortion, Mommy’s Little Monster

2 Likes

Some more music while I watch Transfer Deadline day unfold

Dire Straits - On Every Street.

20 Likes

If you like Floyd have a listen to Airbag - Norwegian prog rock band

Identity and All Rights Removed are both excellent. Three others to my knowledge

8 Likes