What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Kyle Carey - The Art Of Forgetting

Gaelic Americana she calls her music and that covers it pretty well.

2 Likes

Sounds like you’ve capped off the day in the right way, enjoy the snap and the wine!

1 Like

their fifteenth studio record, A View from the Top of the World

…longtime devotees will know exactly what they’re getting here, but the quintet still keeps things engaging and endearing enough to result in Dream Theater 's most reliable and confident formal collection in a decade. To be honest, that’s basically the best that fans can hope for at this point anyway, right?

5 Likes

Waiting for my copy to turn up! Been streaming it a while, and really enjoying it, figured about time to buy it. Decent pressing?

Yes, overall, an excellent pressing - this version is the ‘indies only’ slip case, but assuming they’ll all be from the same stampers etc. After a clean, no clicks & pops at all, just (very) minor dishing if I’m being ultra picky, but nothing to worry about.

1 Like

Misty In Roots - Live At The Counter Eurovision (People Unite LP 1979)

Kind of prompted by @steviebee mention of John Peel and Ivor Cutler
Another band and album championed by the man.
The great Misty In Roots who’s catalogue for newcomers is frustratingly always out of print. Constantly touring though, always brilliant Live - the last time I saw them headline one of the days at One Love Festival which I’m buzzed to be notified returns next year, its Covid absence left quite a void this year - continuing to plow their own furrow away from fad and fashion spreading the message of rastafari, love positivity, and unity

Followed by a People Unite 12" single with ever increasing relevance

Own Them Control Them

:heart:

7 Likes

Dry Cleaning - New Long Leg. Tremendous album from DC - really like Florence Shaw’s distinct vocal style. Coloured vinyl sounds inferior? Not in this case, it sounds fabulous.

5 Likes

a3900848920_16
Starset : Horizons, bandcamp download (out on cd next week)

1 Like

The OKNOTOK version of OK Computer, on triple black vinyl – sounds better than the original '97 version to my ears.

15 Likes

cover

8 Likes

Still got Thom York whining all over it tho!
Shame, good band apart from the…singer…

:grimacing: :hear_no_evil:

2 Likes

Incredible string band. The 5000 spirits or the layers of the onion.
Second album from my favourite band. 1967

10 Likes

It is something of an acquired taste Steve…

1 Like

Tonight it’s a band I’d never got around to listening to; Black Sabbath. Been listening to their first four albums in order of release and they haven’t disappointed. The wonders of streaming!

2 Likes

Richard Thompson - Rumor And Sigh

17 Likes

Doncha just love an injury time winner made by the Cafu of League 1 ( who we always considered to be a donkey). Back after liquid celebration to enjoy this fab Mr Bongo vinyl reissue of the soulful and swinging SA jazz classic from 1968.

2 Likes

The late Isaac Guillory. Live. My wife bought this having seen him live at Malvern Winter Gardens years ago. If there is/was a better bluesy acoustic guitar player, I’ve not heard him/her. A real talent.

" In addition to being a guest lecturer during the Guildhall School Of Music’s summer programme, Guillory also wrote all the musical information in The Guitar Handbook by Ralph Denyer - a definitive textbook which served as the inspiration for the BBC television series, Rock School. He also accompanied Joan Baez in a televised concert in France and toured with both John Renbourn and Pierre Bensusan. Despite not achieving commercial success in his own right, Guillory thrived in the live environment, remaining a much in demand virtuoso performer. His death from cancer in December 2000 robbed the music world of a great talent."
hqdefault

4 Likes

Don’t diss the Cassidy mate!

2 Likes

The Ruts - The Crack/Grin And Bear It (EMI 2CD)

You’ve got to follow Misty with The Ruts who were part of Misty’s People Unite Collective and “squat” in Southall.
The Ruts were the real deal imo recording one of the most genuine and incendiary Reggae influenced Punk records (move over The Clash) with Babylons Burning, Jah Wars and of course the sadly self prophetic Love In Vain (vein) sung over a wicked dub Reggae and harmonica.

Following the death of Malcolm Owen the band went on as Rutc DC and recorded some great Dub Albums like Rhythm Collision with Mad Mad Professor, Zion Train etc

The original Mad Professor and Zion Train remix on this Select Cuts 2CD

5 Likes

More Misty…

Wise And Foolish (People Unite LP 1981?)

This album is just a thing of beauty, if you dont feel this you have no soul

4 Likes