What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Lady Blackburd, black acid soul. Had to do more work this evening. Not much time left in the day. This stellar album is getting me into the right spirit effectively. :relaxed:

12 Likes

It Bites - Once Around the World

Best album from the ‘80s?

3 Likes

Dawes - All Your Favorite Bands

7 Likes

Status Quo: Blue for You

13 Likes

Alela Diane, live at the map room. Simple beautiful. :blush:

6 Likes

Dee Dee Bridgewater - Memphis… Yes, I’m Ready

8 Likes

Radio Garden.

I know I’ve posted this here before, but It’s worth another shout.

Worldwide radio stations, accessed using a fun interface, albeit in fairly low res.

@Dreadatthecontrols … … … Right now I’m tuned into Alpha Boys School Radio … Selecta!

2 Likes

Just watching this on the ipad and casting via the bluenode.

Magical.

2 Likes

Beach Boys. Love you and Surfs up.
Double bill, both different. Great stuff.

16 Likes

The Stones - Let It Bleed sacd.

Following a poke in the ribs from @AlanP last week, I don’t seem to be able to stop playing this.

Yes, the sacd really is that good, with the best version of “Gimme Shelter” ever.

21 Likes

Great! Have you started the book yet?

https://alphaboysschool.org/
:heart:

Heard the track ‘Teeth’ as incidental music on a recent tv show so giving them a stream, definite Underworld vibe to them.

1 Like

A couple of selections inspired by current affairs (UK)

:heart:

11 Likes

It Bites - Eat Me in St Louis

The last IB studio album with Francis Dunnery. Less prog than Once Around the World, but still a fine album, featuring Still Too Young to Remember.

Here’s a live version of that song:

2 Likes

Yep, a great, informative read.

Just started this one:

51XYbLT79hL.SX310_BO1,204,203,200

Sounds Like London - Lloyd Bradley.

Hoping it’ll stir a few memories of my time in London, and maybe even mention that club in Canning Town who’s name continues to elude my ageing memory cells.

3 Likes

I’ve read that too, very good. The Alpha book is a bit special though, the first time to my knowledge that anyone has tried to properly document its remarkable history
:+1:

1 Like

Don’t suppose your encyclopaedic knowledge of London will allow you to identify that early 80s club who’s name I’m missing?

I’m sure it was a girl’s name, and possibly would have been up on North Woolwich Road, Victoria Dock Road, or Newham Way … … … maybe! :man_shrugging:

I wish! :joy:

1 Like

Beatles, Revolver. Qobuz. Uniti Nova.

24 Likes

It is interesting to compile a companion album of the original versions. I think her versions are brilliant.

1 Like