What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Gravy Train - (A Ballad of) A Peaceful Man.

1 Like

Diana Krall, wall flower. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

14 Likes

Rickie Lee Jones Pop Pop.

14 Likes

Karen Black - Dreaming of You 1971-1976
These sessions were discovered by her husband in 2013 shortly after her death and compiled by Cass McCombs. It’s a shame she never released an album during her lifetime, but she does sing in some of her films the most notable was Nashville where she performed the songs she wrote.

2 Likes

Time for Walk On Gilded Splinters… thought I’d do the stereo for the spooky backing singers…I thought my wife was calling at one point- sounded outside the room.
May play the mono right after, for the sheer hell of it :laughing:

Heh… the mono’s not too shabby either!

13 Likes

David

Search youtube for “Rumer at Daryl’s House” and enjoy Rumer with Daryl Hall (Hall & Oates fame) and his band - great stuff. Thought of you and your frequent Rumer posts while watching some of these Sunday past. Enjoy. Jeff A

1 Like

Renee Gayer It’s a Man’s Man’s World. Hard to find but definitely worth a listen. Wonderful voice, she did a lot of backup vocals for Sting.

1 Like

Genesis. Selling England. Vinyl.

Whilst trying to hear any differences between an old and a new TT rubber belt. How sad is that?

61-a1ZA72OL.AC_SX450

23 Likes

A few trax of Bob’s up and coming next installment of his Bootleg series covering 1980- 85

7 Likes

Yes, Fragile, hdtracks

@anon23112058 et al has put me in an ‘old prog’ mood.

btw 96K version from HDtracks, though a complete waste of time on the office PC.

15 Likes

Little Axe - London Blues.

This is, quite simply, one of the best modern blues albums you’ll ever hear … atmospheric dub stylings laid over sensational blues guitar playing.

Listening to this as I manage to body swerve grass cutting and hedge trimming for the third consecutive day in scorchio North Yorks. :sweat:

5 Likes

I can’t wait.

The most (critically) unloved period of Bob, will hopefully yield another harvest of magnificence in the Bootleg Series.

El Michels Affair’s homage and the original back to back.

36/37 Chambers - Wu Tang Clan/El Michels Affair

2 Likes

Elton John - Captain Fantastic and The Brown Dirt Cowboy.

15 Likes

Freddie King - My Feeling for the Blues

10 Likes

Hi @catswhiskers, how do you find the sound of Jama Rico? As I posted a little while back theres something not right with the mastering to my ears
:heart:

Diana Krall All For You.

22 Likes

…drifting :grin:
:heart:

1 Like

Wonderful album, and sounds great.
Big Laurie fan…

3 Likes

I always loved that excellent scarf. :green_heart:

1 Like