What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

ZZ Top | Tres Hombres | 1973
These boys have been one of my constant musical companions ever since they kicked off. Now entering their fiftieth year as a band what a great way to enjoy a glass or two on this hot summer’s evening.

19 Likes

Thanks @catswhiskers
This isn’t the first Alchemy mastering of the Reggae genre I’ve taken issue with, as anyone who has seen my regular postings this is a genre I have a particular passion and affinity with, here is my original post, be interested if any of my thoughts concur with yours

:heart:

The Deviants - Ptooff!

2 Likes

The Doors - The Doors, CD rip. Somehow, The Doors passed me as a teen in the 80s, and I had never got around to listening to their studio albums. I’d obviously absorbed the well known tracks due to their ubiquity and owning a GH compilation, and perhaps that was why I never bothered with the albums. Well, this astonishing debut has been on hard rotation this week and I’m just loving it, so much so that I’ll plunge for the 50th Anniversary box set.

22 Likes

I was very fortunate to attend the Division Bell Tour concert on 27th July 1994 in Barcelona.

Many good memories every time I play this record.

20 Likes

ZZ Top | Tejas | 1976
After having given La Grange a few more listens (as you do), time for another from the 'Tops this album culminates in the most beautiful and exquisitely played acoustic track by the Reverend, Asleep In The Desert.

10 Likes

Count Five - Psychotic Reaction.

6 Likes

Johanna Samuels - Excelsior!
CD|2021
Indie Pop, Folk Rock

6 Likes

Not listened to this in 20 years, forgot what a great album it is…

2 Likes

Red - Ali Farka Touré

Summer evening bliss and transcendence. And I’m only drinking tea.

9 Likes

The fireman - Electric Arguments.

4 Likes

The Black Angels | Passover | 2006
Such a very good band, heavy psyche and rock with nods back to 13th Floor Elevators, The Doors and Velvet Underground etc. so if you like your psychedelic rock heavy then these boys are worth checking out. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Chicken Shack - 40 Blue Fingers, Freshly Packed and Ready to Serve.

9 Likes

I really like El Michels Affair. They are quite quirky and I am enjoying this new album. Thanks for the reminder to check out this new album.

1 Like

Way To Blue - The Songs Of Nick Drake / Various Artists
CD|2013

8 Likes

Vinyl. Fabulous

12 Likes

2019 - Ese & the Vooduu People - Up in Smoke

17 Likes

Gosh…that long ago

2 Likes

Tedeschi Trucks Band - Layla Revisited Live

Chris Stapleton - Starting Over

Chores over and decided to listen to these on my iPhone and buds in the garden.

Very, very enjoyable and both albums are belters. You don’t always need a posh system to enjoy great music.

I am trying 3 months free trial of Apple Music and have been listening on my iPhone in the garden and on my bike. Great fun!

Now listening to Chris Stapleton Essential Playlist in Apple Music in the garden while sipping a Timothy Taylor Landlord. Life don’t get much better!

18 Likes

Stone the Crows - Ode to John Law.

5 Likes