What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Pure Pleasure 2021 vinyl reissue of an immensely powerful album from the early 1980s. Great sound.

3 Likes

Chicago Transit Authority.
Continuing to play familiar material on qobuz to see if it’s worth extending my free trial.
Playing via wi fi.

9 Likes

On vinyl… :+1:t3: :notes: :grin:

13 Likes

More 24bit Fagen…Glorious.

G

22 Likes

@Wren mentioned The Residents earlier. And here they are, with The Third Reich & Roll!

3 Likes

Steven Wilson - Hand.Cannot.Erase, on vinyl… :grin: :sunglasses: :notes:

10 Likes

Norah Jones - I Dream of Christmas
Getting in the festive spirit early this year

11 Likes

If only my 3LP vinyl version had ever looked that shiny.

8 Likes

Ha ha! Mine is so rusty now it’s unbelievable. Weirdly, I seem to remember the copy I bought 42 years ago was never that shiny when it was new!

3 Likes

Bob Dylan, Bringing It All Back Home. Qobuz. Mu-so Qb.

11 Likes

This will shake the cobwebs out of me & the loudspeakers !

3 Likes

Gerry Rafferty - Snakes and Ladders - Qobuz

NO I AM NOT LISTENING TO IT ON QOBUZ BECAUSE IT WILL NOT PLAY.
It just skips down the tracks without playing. Only happens on this album. In touch with Qobuz support.
I have listened to hundreds or thousands of albums but never this issue before.
If another Qobuz user would care to discover this album and play it to report their findings to me.

UPDATE: 27/10/2021 now fixed by Qobuz.

5 Likes

Normally I would give the new Dream Theater album a spin, but not feeling for that type of music as my cat died this morning, this feels better now…

3 Likes

Yes, same here.

1 Like

I see Jah Wobble has a dub remix of the album, not heard it yet
20211022_174921

Correction it’s not a remix but;
Former Public Image Ltd. bassist and innovative musical visionary, Jah Wobble, revisits an old stomping ground for this brilliant album of brand new studio recordings! Wobble returns to the hugely influential 1979 album from PiL, Metal Box , completely reinventing 8 of the album’s songs with sophisticated dub interpretations and mind-expanding production! Also includes two bonus tracks - all new renditions of two tracks from the classic debut PiL album!
:heart:

2 Likes

I bought this on the day it came out, almost 40 years ago. Uk first press vinyl. How disconsolate, lost and broken they sound! Great album though.

9 Likes

I found a similar issue on Tidal a while back where not all the tracks on an album play. In this case it was Thomas Dolby Aliens Ate My Buick would only play one track, turned out to be something to do with what the artist/label are allowing to be licenced :thinking:

1 Like

Sorry to hear that BB you do get so close to them. Lovely music choice. They’re touring in the UK next month not sure if it’s Europe wide tho We’ve booked to see them locally at the end of the month (Bury St Edmunds Apex).

1 Like

Vinyl. It doesn’t say anywhere on the cover or sleeve who it is by. Seriously good though.

25 Likes

Yes when shown in some charts at the time it was just ‘Untitled’.

Seen it referred to as:-
IV
The Runes
Four symbols

1 Like