What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I just call it 4.

Side 1 is ridiculously good.

2 Likes

From the horse’s mouth:

"The painting of a 19th-century farm labourer with sticks on his back was in fact a serendipitous acquisition; Plant had picked it up in a Reading second-hand emporium when out shopping with Page. Hung on a peeling wall in front of half-demolished terraced houses and a tower block in Winson Green, Birmingham and photographed by Keith Morris, it seemed to represent the struggle between old and new; of rural life subsumed by the modern world.

The gatefold painting inside depicted The Hermit from the Rider Waite tarot deck by an artist credited as ‘Barrington Colby M O M’. Some Zeppelin watchers have suggested Colby was a pseudonym for former art student Page. Not so.

“Barrington Coleby [his surname appears to have been misspelt on the album] was a friend of mine from Epsom,”

7 Likes

FunKadelic.Cosmic slop.

There’s me thinking I was cool dancing the cosmic strut on the acid house warehouse floors, when in fact I was dancing the cosmic slop.

2 Likes

I have encountered this issue too but seems not to be the case in this instance.
Another use has now reported the same problem which I can use to advise Qobuz that it is an issue and is not me.

1 Like

Led Zeppelin 4.
And the photo is Dudley.

2 Likes

What do you expect from Led Zeppelin?

1 Like

The Pink Floyd | Atom Heart Mother | 1970
Giving this new full fat 24/192 its first run around and 'tis rather good.

17 Likes

On the old cathode ray tube tonight, Beeb 4 9.00pm Zappa

Might be worth a butchers…

Not sure if this is new or a repeat

I’ve only listened to Zappa very casually and cursory so this might be a catalyst for further exploration, I have the first press of Joe’s Garage and a mate used to play Sheikh Yerbouti which included a song that went something like A horny little Jewish princess with titanic tits and sand blasted zits not sure if its anti semitic but I doubt he’d get away with that today
:heart:

7 Likes

Surely you mean Doodlee :grin:

1 Like

Thanks Dread. time to set the old VCR. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Betamax?

1 Like

Sorry for the news of your cat @BertBird

1 Like

'course! :wink:

1 Like

I think it might be a repeat @Dreadatthecontrols, I watched a documentary about FZ a few months back and it was very good. However if it’s a new one even better! I’ve hit the record button.

1 Like

Just says it’s an all access documentary years in the making its 2 hours long

1 Like

Can’t have too much Zappa…

1 Like

Now playing…

RosaLi - No Medium

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… a mention from @Lorro1 and @AndyP above had me place in the queue and now taking out for a spin. Opening track is sounding mighty fine and looking forward to the rest of the album…

6 Likes

Playing right now on Tidal. I was drawn in by the title, the cover art – and, of course, by your recommendation. And it’s terrific.

2 Likes

This track is a really good system tester. A lot going on and…… just an amazing track! They’re a great band and deserve to get a big tour of their own soon.