What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Had a quick look on tinternet, it appears to be a 2020 film and hasn’t been shown before on the Beeb as far as I can see

Thanks @dav301, good to see PMF and this being played. :ok_hand:

2 Likes

I’m playing a lot of New Order today because I got an email from them (not personally of course) earlier today telling me that for “just” £16.50 I can buy a ticket to livestream their gig at the 02 next month.

Think I’ll pass, as I prefer to remember them when they were still good. I remember buying the very copy I’m playing now on 2nd May 1983, the day it came out.

12 Likes

Good stuff @Dreadatthecontrols, I think the doc’ I watched might have been Sky Arts or a.n.other channel other than the beeb? Anyway, I will soon find out, thanks again for the heads up.

Many thanks Neilb1906 - hopefully it will get sorted by Qobuz.

1 Like

Wow that is so cool. This is the daughter of my very best and oldest friends. Imagine seeing her album here.

No, it’s the recently released and rather excellent Zappa Family endorsed doc directed by Alex Winter (formerly an actor of Bill & Ted fame).

Some fantastic interviews, appropriately left field directorial tropes, and most of all some insight and appreciation of FZ’s talents as composer, musician and as a libertarian artist in extremis.

2 Likes

@Steve_S see above from Charles

1 Like

Soulful hip hop with a pop and Latin feel.

Vintage Babies - Maimouna Youssef & DJ Dummy

The Pink Floyd | Relics | 1971
Enjoying these recent hi-res acquisitions by the Floyd. Did I need to buy them all (and all their stuff yet again)? No. Am I enjoying them? So far they have been really good.

10 Likes

Lana del Rey - 2014 Ultraviolence

Because her voice is deep.

8 Likes

Likewise I’ve “favourited” it for a later listen along with Horace Tapscott Dial B For Babra also on Nimbus West
@TheKevster any other Nimbus West titles that your aware of that are on Tidal worth checking?
Cheers
:heart:

1 Like

Thanks @Charles64 and @Dreadatthecontrols, this is good news. Looking forward to it muchly.

1 Like

Song for my Father - Horace Silver

14 Likes

2017 - Gorillaz / Humanz

9 Likes

Nice - Honeck is a great conductor

2 Likes

I’m really liking this album! Thought of picking up vinyl but saw some early reports of bad QC. Pity.

1 Like

They’re all good @Dreadatthecontrols - it was one of the best record labels of its era.

All the Tapscott stuff is good (try the two volumes of Live at the Libero), as is the Creative Arts Ensemble album, Linda Hill’s Lullaby for Linda, the Nimbus Collective, Rickey Kelly and Dadisi Komolafe.

1 Like

Cheers I’ll see if Tidal have them, shame you cant search by label
As well as pure pleasure I think of seen Nimbus West US label on Juno
:heart:

One of The Cure’s finest…

8 Likes