What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Milt Jackson and Wes Montgomery Bags meets Wes! / 2008 Riverside / Keepnews Edition / EU CD / 0888072305021

Another play of this recent addition to my collection, sounding marvelous.

Milt Jackson Vibraphone
Wes Montgomery Guitar
Wynton Kelly Piano
Sam Jones Bass
Philly Joe Jones Drums

9 Likes

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne - Just A Little Lovin’

Shelby Lynne (Guitar, Vocals), Kevin Axt (Electric Bass, Upright Bass), Curt Bisquera (Drums), Gregg Field (Drums), Rob Mathes (Keyboards) and Dean Parks (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @Debs above regarding the talented and beautiful Shelby Lynne’s birthday had me reach for one of her albums to take out for a spin. …and she is sounding absolutely fabulous! One very sweet album…

18 Likes

John Coltrane - A Love Supreme: Live in Seattle

I’ve just listened to Acknowledgement, being the first movement, in high resolution on Qobuz. I was only able to listen at low volume, but I wasn’t too impressed with the sound. I will try again at more realistic levels, but currently I’m not minded to buy it, even if it is the mighty Trane.

11 Likes

Joni Clouds. CD. Very nice but prefer her “full band” stuff with Jazz musicians.

17 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Cooker
Bobby Hutcherson - Happenings
Elton John - Goodbye Yellow Brick Road
Queen - Sheer Heart Attack

All vinyl.

6 Likes

Glad you are enjoying it Geoff, I seem to remember discussing this release before you purchased :+1:

1 Like

Caravan - It’s None Of Your Business

Indulging my secret inner progger. I’ve always enjoyed Caravan, and this splendid new album is much better than I expected. Nice work by a bunch of blokes who are in the same age bracket as most forum regulars :wink:

9 Likes

71WdsLu7T7L.SS500
Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks, easily my favourite album from Mr Zimmerman.

23 Likes

Thanks for the recommendation Andy, interresting.

1 Like

Now playing…

Shelby Lynne & Allison Moorer - Not Dark Yet

Shelby Lynne (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Allison Moorer (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Erik Deutsch (Organ, Piano), Davey Faragher (Bass), Don Heffington (Drums, Percussion), Michael Jerome (Drums, Percussion), Val McCallum (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Ben Peeler (Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel Guitar), Doug Pettibone (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar), Taras Prodaniuk (Bass), Benmont Tench (Keyboards, Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Teddy Thompson (Bass, Drums, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (48/24)… still celebrating Shelby’s birthday and continuing on through the noon hour with sisters Shelly & Allison and this very talented group of musicians and they are sounding sublime!

15 Likes

Easy jazz evening tonight.

2 Likes

Is it better than Paradise Filter, their last effort before this new album? I wasn’t too impressed with PF, so am hopeful for some good reports on the new album.

Edit: I see it’s on Qobuz, so I’ll have a listen tomorrow. Thanks.

Rita Coolidge, anytime… anywhere. Was going to play something loud to celebrate out of lockdown but couldn’t help playing this. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Giving my new arrivals of this week another spin:

Matti Klein - Soul Trio Live on Tape
Great combo, nice recording, much fun.

3 Likes

Milt Jackson with Herbie Hancock, Ron Carter, Billy Cobham and Freddie Hubbard.

CTI label - I’ll buy anything on this label just knowing it’s going to be something special.

6 Likes

Johnny Cash, Classic Cash. Mercury.

8 Likes

71afa0TjXIL.SS500
George Benson - Breezin’.

11 Likes

Amy Winehouse, back to black. Never get sick of this one. Love the last track, love is losing game.

12 Likes

Led Zeppelin - III

27 Likes

Black Pumas - Capitol Cuts (Live From Studio A)
The Black Pumas recorded live in Capitol’s studio A

3 Likes