What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

The Best Of Dandy Livingstone - (Trojan/Tidal MQA)

Suzanne Beware Of The Devil, love that choon. Brings back memories of part of my yoof on a travelling fair. A stack of Trojan 7’s on an auto changer hanging on bunji chords ( to isolate from the vibrations of the machine) in the control box of the Waltzer

:heart:

4 Likes

Thanks Pete. That will probably be my next step when the free trial ends. I have been used to Apple Music and stream wirelessly. It’s fair to say I don’t use the streamer to it’s full potential but it serves a purpose. I should probably wire everything up but haven’t got the stamina to take that route at the moment.

1 Like

Tribute To Bob Marley - Horace Andy ( Wackies/Tidal)

Beautiful slice of Lovers Rock from Horace Andy paying tribute to Bob Marley. Also has a lovely version of Diana Ross Love Hangover mutated through the Bullwackie mixing board.

From Lloyd Bullwackie Barnes unique Wackies stable in the Bronx NY
Originally a 4 track Wackies 12" but now on Tidal

Selecta!

3 Likes

Oh go on, you know you wanna!
:japanese_ogre:

1 Like

Wicked A Go Feel It - Sugar Minott/Musical Episode- Horace Andy (Wackies/Tidal)

Another crucial 12" cut from Wackies on The White Plains Road Inna Bronx

Sugar Minott in a dance hall style still with that unique Bullwackie sound warning the wicked how their going to feel it when the righteous reveal it come Armageddon!

Deep funky Horace Andy dub on the flip

Taken from the crucial album of the same name

20211023_142132
20211023_142832

2 Likes

Setting up for when I get back from the shops…
fancy Forever Changes

Hmm… the live FC Concert album, the Rhino 50th, MFSL 45 or the cat/pigeons ERC mono?

Or my old US copy (which I can’t find, lol)

Decisions decisions… :heart_eyes:…love em all!

12 Likes

Adele knocking…

Hello from the outside
At least I can say that I’ve tried
To tell you I’m sorry for breaking your heart
But it don’t matter, it clearly doesn’t tear you apart
Anymore

I find myself playing may be a couple of Adele’s songs at a time but seldom make it through the whole album in one go. :sweat_smile:

Wackies Sampler Vol1 (Wackies/Tidal)

For a great introduction to the totally unique sound of The House Of Wackies, I highly recommend checking out their sampler series, great to see all 4 volumes are available on Tidal. Roots, Lovers Rock, Dancehall, Dub, Artists you may know, obscure ones you may not…

Wackies was an early influence on the later Techno genre and artists like Rhythm n Sound

20211023_143533

2 Likes

The Beatles - Let It Be ( Super Deluxe ), listening to discs 2 and 3, Apple Sessions and Rehersals and Apple Jams.

18 Likes

:disappointed_relieved:

Definitely your old US copy. :mag_right: :eyes:

1 Like

Found it!

:laughing:

Is there no escaping…please god No!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh! :joy:

Shelby Lynne, just a little lovin’. Each to his own. Some don’t like this album and prefer Dusty Springfield’s in Dusty in Memphis. :wink:

15 Likes

Oh this is just sick. Qobuz just released…

15 Likes

I listened to “Dark Side” first and was too stupefied to comment. “The Wall” is actually more stunning still. (Yeah…Marc had made the stupid AirPlay seems better than…lol)

Elaborate please @airedog

Don’t forget UK’s first mono pressing. :sunglasses:

16 Likes

Need I say more?

12" version of Could You Be Loved

12 Likes

What a drum line on this. Awesome. Gonna give the cobwebs a blast on the home system later!

3 Likes