What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Wednesdays almost done.:rofl:

1 Like

The Supremes- Gold

11 Likes

Everything but the girl like the deserts miss the rain / 2002 Virgin / EU CD / 72435421626

13 Likes

Birdy, piano sketches. Omg, how awesome. Just like a river does. Beautiful picture. :relaxed:

So I bottle the sound of the wind in the trees
Follow the salt in the air down to the sea
Just like a river does
Just like a river does

Source: birdy just like a river does lyrics birdy just like a river does lyrics - Google Search

I don’t usually listen to singles, because they are too short. Listening to this again back to back immediately after my first time. :relaxed:

Thank you @Neilb1906 :+1:

4 Likes

Beethoven, sym no.6 pastorale / Schubert sym no.5. Not sure which Beethoven sym no.4 is good on tidal or Qobuz. Let’s listen to this first. :relaxed:

Thank you @anon70766008! :+1:

14 Likes

I thought you were taking the p*ss :rofl:

Version excursion…
Alton Ellis - I’m Still In Love
Marcia Aitken- I’m Still In Love With You
Althea & Donna - Uptown Top Ranking
Trinity - Three Piece Suit
And even Sean Paul & Sasha - Still In Love
:heart:

1 Like

Brilliant! I miss that LP
:heart:

Azymuth Telecommunication / 1982 Milestone / US CD / MCD9102 / DIDX000111

3 Likes

10 Likes

Now fixed by Qobuz so looking forward to taking it out for a spin.

10 Likes

If you don’t love Boehm’s recording of the ‘Pastoral’, you have no soul and may possibly be an android!

The only other recording of it that I have which is its equal is the recording led by the great Carlos Kleiber with the Bavarian RSO. But, beware, it was made for Kleiber’s son from a cassette recording of a live concert, and the sound quality is appalling. Listen through that, though, and the performance is astonishing. The end of the performance is amazing. As the symphony ends, there are a few claps, followed by complete silence as the (presumably stunned) audience come to terms with what they’ve just heard. Then, after a bit, thunderous applause breaks in.

It’s available on the Orfeo label. No coupling. Strongly recommended.

Graham

3 Likes

The 2003 LP?

Thank you so much @anon70766008! Taking notes and will listen! :+1:

Imelda May, life love flesh blood. Only Wednesday but have been working silly hours. Calling Imelda and getting my mind off work effectively and immediately. :relaxed:

17 Likes

Floyd Lee - Mean Blues

12 Likes

No, it was tongue in cheek about the comparison of digital and analog.

I was asking about the Travis 12 Memories (2003).

I have this LP, as well as The Man Who (1999), The Invisible Band (2001) and Good Feeling (1997)

Ha sorry, no ripped cd. I have most of their stuff on cd.

Philippe Saisse Valerian / 1988 Windham Hill Records / Japan Promo CD / D32Y5096

2 Likes