What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Excellent album as are most of his.

1 Like

Ordered! :+1:

Steely Dan - Northeast Corridor

I just spotted that this is now released in full on Qobuz at High Res. I’m surprised how good it is - although it’s very close to the studio originals, it’s rather refreshing to hear different solos. What Rick Beato describes as the best solo of all time (Kid Charlemagne) has been given another lift of wow!

15 Likes

Horace Andy - Dance Hall Style ( Wackies/Tidal)

Budget day today prompts this selection including the track Money Money.

It also happens to be both one of the finest Horace Andy albums and Wackies production. Massive Attack fans will appreciate the track Spying Glass

20211027_190757
:heart:

2 Likes

Pink Floyd | Meddle | 1971 / 2011 / 2021
Greatly enjoying this new set of hi-res Floyd albums, Meddle getting yet another beasting.

28 Likes

In 1972, composer Nino Rota received an Academy Award nomination for Best Original Score for his work on The Godfather, but it was subsequently revoked after it was revealed that part of the love theme had already been used in Rota’s score for the 1958 Italian comedy film, Fortunatella.

Fortunately, it wasn’t the end for Nino Rota, who went on to win the Oscar for Best Original Score two years later for his work on the film’s sequel: The Godfather Part II.

5 Likes

I seem to remember a surfing film that was set to the Meddle album :thinking:

1 Like

Oliver Nelson - The Blues And The Abstract Truth.

Stellar set by a stellar gathering of players. Great production too.

13 Likes

I’m sure you’re right Dread, I could look it up but want to wrack my brain first! :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

Tammy Wynette, Stand By Your Man. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

3 Likes

7 Likes

Joe Jackson,Fast Forward from 2015

11 Likes

'Twas Crystal Voyager, which I saw at the cinema … … … all those years ago.

4 Likes

Peter baumann romance 76image

1 Like

A great film especially echoes to finish it off

2 Likes

Thomas Newman American Beauty / 2000 DreamWorks / US CD / 0044502332

4 Likes

COME ON YOU IIIIIIRONS!!! (can’t be there tonight)

Did Rick say that! My mate (a guitarist) always said that was the best guitar solo of all time - And I have to agree.

1 Like

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - Acid Country - WAV CD rip
Country style album from Heaton, his usual trademark lyrical wit, cynicism and brilliance, fine band, country rhythms and some infectious hooks.

4 Likes