What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

I really enjoyed that album however for some strange reason it’s disappeared from Qobuz’s playlist. :slightly_frowning_face:

Still avail in UK Pete. Hopefully it will return over there

1 Like

Morning (or evening) sir, it’s still there but unavailable. Oh well it force me to (a) investigate his other work and (b) buy that album.

1 Like

Well done Dave :ok_hand:

Bernard knows how to write a tuneful song and such a melodic guitar player.

This is a little gem of a solo album.

Bernard Butler - Friends & Lovers

5 Likes

I shall have to buy this.

Painting the bathroom today so thought I would play some Euro Blues.
Kai Strauss- German
Dirty Deep- France
Big Creek Slim- Danish
Sven Zetterberg- Swedish.

5 Likes

Richard Thompson - Acoustic Classics II - original vinyl
His catalogue of great folk-rock songs revisited with solo vocal and acoustic guitar. Powerful intelligent songs sung superbly, with masterclasses in how to enhance the song with guitar.

15 Likes

Crosby, Stills & Nash - 1969 Crosby, Stills & Nash

I ordered the last CSN but received the 1969 release. Too much hassle to return the CD to Amazon and right the wrong, so I am listening to it and so far enjoying. Funny.

18 Likes

@TheKevster …Great choice. Love the Peddlers, with the fantastic voice of Roy Phillips. Just in case you haven’t discovered this…Roy P guest vocal on Closer by Lord Large. Great song, amazing vocal.

1 Like

Black Uhuru. Sinsemilla.
Difficult to listen to “World is Africa “ without (grandad dancing) even with my arthritic knees. High on the Richter scale though.

9 Likes

8 Likes

Immersive!

7 Likes

Tangerine dream livemiles images.jpeg-5

2 Likes

Fairport Convention - Liege & Lief - 1st press vinyl
Following Richard Thompson’s recent work with his early band. A set of traditional English folk songs superbly arranged for electric band combined with self-penned numbers that seamlessly fit in with them, superbly sung by the great Sandy Denny, guitar and violin masters Richard Thompson and Dave Swarbrick provide brilliant lead lines, and the rock solid rhythm section of Nicol, Pegg and Mattacks underpins it all. Arguably the first true English folk-rock,album, and as great as any album in that genre.

23 Likes

The Rails - Cancel the Sun - original U.K. vinyl
Excellent folk rock from husband and wife team Kami Thompson and James Wallbourne and band. Excellent songs from tender ballads to rockers, Kami’s got a lot of her dad (Richard)’s lyrical excellence (and dark humour), James is a top class guitarist, they both sing really well and harmonise beautifully. One of my favourite records of recent years.

10 Likes

Mipso - Dark Holler Pop
CD|2013

Bluegrass. Enjoyable band.

3 Likes

A bit of the Tangs to wind down with:

16 Likes

Abbey Lincoln - Abbey is Blue. Anyone that gets mentioned in the same sentence as Ella Fitzgerald and Billie Holiday has to be worth investigating. Thanks to those that brought her to my attention. It’s what I love about this thread - music.

14 Likes

Only natural to follow with Billie Holiday Lady in Satin

19 Likes