What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

My apologies, didn’t realise there were eclectic censors :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I’ll try better next time :wink:

1 Like

2 x CD - Virgin Records America 2001 : )

Live from Mars is a two disc live concert(s) release from Ben Harper & the Innocent Criminals, which takes tracks from unnamed venues throughout his 2000 tour and places them on either an electric (disc 1) or acoustic (disc 2).
The album was released in the year 2001.

<<>>

Happy Birthday Ben Harper! :balloon: :balloon: :birthday:

born on 28th October 1969 in Pomona, California :us:

52 years old Today! :cowboy_hat_face: :+1:

10 Likes

You might be interested in this:

Next Friday evening at 22:10 on BBC4 - The Simon and Garfunkel Central Park Concert from September 1981.

This is preceded at 21:00 by a programme telling the story of the making of Bridge Over Troubled Water.

2 Likes

Right!, stop muckin’ abaht n put a bloody record on! ( in the style of Michael Caine)

Tony Allen & Hugh Masakela - Rejoice Special Edition (World Circuit/Tidal)

New double bubble edition with “Cool Cats” mixes

20211028_134727

I say, it’s rather good what

:heart:

6 Likes

Robben Ford - Into The Sun

6 Likes

Augustus Pablo. Original rockers.
I have this on vinyl and cd but giving it a stream on my free month trial of qobuz. I’m warming to this streaming malarkey.

6 Likes

3 Likes

Loretta Lynn, Blue Kentucky Girl. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

3 Likes

Taj Mahal - Queen Bee Live

11 Likes

From Dub to Bartók.
Love this Concerto and this performance.

7 Likes

That’s one of the best surf films ever, the last half is just George Green getting far back in a tube. Think it was the first footage that actual took you inside a wave.

4 Likes

Inspired by an earlier post where I didn’t know this classic album had been given the pink treatment, looks gorgeous. Garbage debut album on 2 x 45 pink vinyl.

4 Likes

I’m not a surfer myself, Steve posting Meddle prompted a distant memory of the film, it is pretty amazing what those guys do.

2 Likes

One for later, having just seen the film last night, only been waiting 37 odd years for a film to do the book justice.

5 Likes

enrico-pieranunzi-time’s-passage-20200831225547

4 Likes

The Mystic Revealers - Crucial Cuts (VP/Tidal MQA)

Prompted by the discussion on surf film Crystal Voyager…

The Mystic Revealers, Rastafarian Surfer group from Bull Bay in Jamaica

@Pete_the_painter

4 Likes

Little Village. 1992 Vinyl. Quality stuff imho. I read somewhere that they broke up after Nick Lowe kept wanting a bigger cut. There are live clips on YouTube I think.

" Little Village is the only studio album by the band of the same name. The band, a super-group comprising Ry Cooder, John Hiatt, Nick Lowe and Jim Keltner, released the album, went on a tour of the US and Europe to support it, and disbanded the year of its release."

download

9 Likes

Elton John - The Lockdown Sessions

6 Likes

Pink Floyd, Meddle, cd rip

Excellent old school PF. Just heard the start of ‘One of These Days’ playing on the radio so had to play the whole album.

32 Likes

Annette Peacock - I’m The One

Vinyl

3 Likes