What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Klaus Weiss Quintett - Salt Peanuts on Jeton 100.3325, D 1st Press, Direct to Disc, limited, 1982

1 Like

Great album this. ‘Down from Antigua’ a particular stand out.

G

7 Likes

Discs 1 and 2 from this superb Moasaic box set, my favourite jazz reissue album of 2021.

10 Likes

The War On Drugs | I Don’t Live Here Anymore
Freshly released and downloaded from Qobuz this morning, getting its first play.

13 Likes

Prompted by the Bonamassa thread. Paul Kossoff. 1977. 2x Vinyl. Compilation released the year after his death.

R-1960102-1511933390-3368.jpeg

5 Likes

Prince - 2019 Musicology Release Party

Because I am back home for the weekend, let’s party!

A favorite of mine. This is the party in 2004 after releasing Musicology. Prince at his best, improvising, entertaining his friends. In this CD I can feel James Brown, Chuck Berry too. Truly amazing.

6 Likes

Was lucky enough to see Free twice. First time absolutely brilliant the second time one of the worst gigs I ever went to. Koss unfortunately was high on something that night and could hardly play. He was at one point during the gig trying to put a coke bottle into his mouth for a drink but couldn’t do so. Rodgers had to walk across the stage and do it for him. One of the best guitarists I ever saw. He could literally make you cry or feel the pain in his solos.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Dr. Lonnie Smith - Breathe

Dr. Lonnie Smith (Organ, Hammond organ), Johnathan Blake (Drums), Richard Bravo (Percussion), Robin Eubanks (Trombone), John Ellis (Tenor Saxophone), Sean Jones (Trumpet), Jonathan Kreisberg (Guitar), Jason Marshall (Baritone Saxophone), Alicia Olatuja (Vocals) and Iggy Pop (Vocals).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… In today’s email from Blue Note Records they noted that “Hammond B3 organ legend Dr. Lonnie Smith passed away on Sept. 28 at the age of 79.” Some how I missed that and decided to give his release from Blue Note this past March out for a spin. …and Lonnie and the band are sounding sublime!

8 Likes

Dwight Yoakam, Gone. Qobuz. Streaming.

4 Likes

Hayes Carll - You Get It All

Co-produced by his wife Allison Moorer

He’s got a great voice and writes a damn good song.

Now why can’t every 16bit recording sound like this.

3 Likes

This new version turned up today and sounds way more dynamic than the original, it’s better for the remix and updated drums too. Not their best album by far but this version is a distinct improvement and I’m enjoying it

12 Likes

Joe Bonamassa | Time Machine
Another new album arrived today, ripped from CD and now let loose

3 Likes

Got its first play earlier and I enjoyed it very much, so it’s going to get a lot of spins over what looks like being a wet weekend.

10 Likes

With cough

26 Likes

Vinyl:

2 Likes

I don’t think this needs any introduction from me. A full listening tonight….

20 Likes

12 Likes

12 Likes

This popped upon facebook….Kiki Dee, not heard from her in many a year……acoustic with Carmello Luggeri………rather nice worth a listen

6 Likes

A story of Terry and Julie, Waterloo Sunset on R3’s Mixtape.

3 Likes