What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

@AlanP
It sure does … … … far and away the best “Gimme Shelter”, (my favourite Stones choon), I’ve ever heard. :+1:

3 Likes

Madonna - Madonna (The First Album). Fine debut from Madge. This is the 85 re-sleeved pressing. So very 80s pop-tastic, but I have a real soft spot for Lucky Star.

11 Likes

I’m just marvelling at the acoustic and slide on “You Got The Silver” too, bloody brilliant :+1:

1 Like

Saw them live a couple of years ago. Surprisingly good and a really intimate atmosphere. Thought it might be a little bland. Great guitar playing and Kiki Dee still has a great voice.

2 Likes

Fourplay Fourplay / 2014 Warner / EU version of Japan CD / 8122795714

Bob James Keyboards
Lee Ritenour Guitar
Nathan East Bass
Harvey Mason Drums

7 Likes

You’ve talked me into it … … … SACD going on now! :+1:

1 Like

May as well continue with my other Stones sacd

Through The Past, Darkly.

13 Likes

11 Likes

Thanks, I’ll check that out.

Little Village was basically John Hiatt and the band that recorded BTF, arguably Hiatt’s best work, lovely album.
Hope you enjoy it.

1 Like

Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, The Innocent & The E Street Shuffle. An energetic second album from Bruce, playing here on an 80s reissue.

12 Likes

The original version of Love in Vain (Blues) four or so decades earlier. :sunglasses:

17 Likes

Genesis. Live. 1973.
I’m a big fan of the Genesis Gabriel years studio albums but I’d forgotten they did a live album. So thanks to @anon10403888 for the recent reminder.

18 Likes

Way better than Seconds Out IMO.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Playing the new remastered version. Yes it’s cleaned up a bit, but it’s still pretty naff for a Floyd album.

13 Likes

The Beatles - Love, on dvd-audio.

10 Likes

R-2511376-1297979021.jpeg

On vinyl, stunning recording , haven’t played it for a while.

2 Likes

On vinyl:-

Abba - The Album

5 Likes

This resonates…sure I like what I like, but sharing in the pleasure of good music served up through decent sound systems is somewhat more fulfilling.

1 Like

Pink Floyd - Animals

That’s more like it! Certainly one of my favourite PF albums. I particularly like Pigs (Three Different Ones), which racks up the tension so elegantly that you don’t even notice and then suddenly you find it’s really rocking. And then there’s that brilliantly simple, yet incredibly effective, chordal riff at the end of Sheep.

28 Likes