What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

5 Likes

2021 Deluxe version

10 Likes

DBC500

9 Likes

Some of my listening today as I was painting and staining woodwork in our bathroom

6 Likes

Yagya. Sleepygirls.

1 Like

51-Jea+emHL.AC

Next up

7 Likes

Cool jazz for a cool night.

3 Likes

Genesis. The lamb lies down on Broadway.
My favourite Genesis album which I originally bought on double vinyl.

20 Likes

6 Likes

Second that.

Sadly few people heard this material played live. By chance I was at what turned out to be their last UK gig in Cardiff in June '81. They were still touring material from Black Sea at that point.

Andy Partridge’s health problems pretty much kept them off the road thereafter.

It’s great to see they’ve still got a devoted following today.

David Bowie - David Live, on an early UK pressing. Lots of recent attention for the Live Adventures albums and their release fiasco, but this was the first official live Bowie album. Unlike many of the early orange label RCA releases, the value of this double album hasn’t sky rocketed as yet - minty copies can easily be found at reasonable prices.

13 Likes

Sade diamond life Sade_-_Diamond_Life

23 Likes

Joni Live. Shadows and Light. 1980. CD. What a band!!

Technical

Joni_Shadows

14 Likes

Now playing…

The Eivind Aarset 4-Tet’s - Phantasmagoria, or A Different Kind of Journey

Eivind Aarset (Guitar), Erland Dahlen (Drums, Percussion, Logdrum, Vibraphone) Audun Erlien (Bass, Casio Synth), and Wetle Holte (Percussion, Keyboards, Metallophone). Jan Bang (Samples), John Derek Bishop (Field Recordings and Treatments) and Arve Henriksen (Trumpet).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… I had taken this album released September 23 from Eivind a couple of weeks ago and now taken out for a second spin. Enjoy Eivind’s music and he and the band are sounding mighty fine!

2 Likes

Lee Morgan - The Cooker

Vinyl

5 Likes

We’ve nothing left but faith. What a wonderful record this is. My favourite Cure album.

12 Likes

After one week off for business travels glad to being back in front of my uniti atom. Good chance to give the new Joe Bonamassa album a (digital) spin:

Joe Bonamassa - Time Clocks (96/24 stream by Qobuz)

5 Likes

On vinyl… :notes: :+1:t3: :grin:

7 Likes

Frank Sinatra and Count Basie - It Might As Well Be Swing, with arrangements by Quincy Jones.

15 Likes

Freddie Hubbard Open Sesame / 2002 Blue Note / EU CD / RVG Edition / 724349534124

18 Likes