What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Great album - the line-up of musicians is just incredible a who’s who.

1 Like

Hope you enjoy. Does have some different rhythms eg on “The Coalface”, using what sounds like crockery bouncing on a table that is being hit to assist the overarching beat. I’m just off to try a few of the recommendations you put after that eg Jennifer Warner.

A wonderful, ethereal listen. Just right for a dismal Sunday.

Thanks.

1 Like

Tangerine Dream | Volume 61 | Berlin International Congress Centrum | 1982
Reminded by @ewemon yesterday, I decided to shake the Tangerine Tree again and enjoy some of the great live sessions from this archive.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Not big on ‘The Boss’, but I’ve loved this since its release. I remember hearing it on an LP12, 6 pack with Isobariks in the 80’s and recall my jaw hitting the floor.

G

21 Likes

Really enjoying this new album this sunny morning in Essex…God’s Country you realise.

13 Likes

Various Artists - The Girl From Ipanema; The Antonio Carlos Jobim Songbook (1995)

Lovely album especially like Oscar Peterson “Wave”.
(Strangely I found it on Qobuz about two weeks ago after hearing “Wave” on jazz radio. It then disappeared from Qobuz so bought CD for £3.59 including postage - a good deal. But maybe not. today it is back on Qobuz !!! - very strange).
Apparently issued on Verve as a tribute album just after Antonio Carlos Jobim’s death.

5 Likes

Tangerine Dream | Volume 14 | @ The Bataclan, Paris | 1981
More from the Tangerine Tree that keeps on giving…

3 Likes

Some Canadian folk to kick off the afternoon’s listening

2 Likes

Nucleus - Snakehips Etcetera on Vertigo 6360 119, UK 1st Press 1975

4 Likes

A classic, and fine sounding album from His Bobness.

G

21 Likes

Neil Young - Homegrown

17 Likes

There’s a lot of Pink Floyd listening going on amongst members recently. A Sunday afternoon favourite for me

31 Likes

Love this album, it’s never far from either CD players or Turntables, really solid.

1 Like

Great early Bonnie and a superb broadcast recording.

G

8 Likes

4 Likes

This fully improvised solo recital makes for a captivating listen. Not one for Mrs HH, who’d call it tuneless noodling.

Qobuz have a funny pricing thing going on with ECM at the moment. They are usually really expensive but this was only about £11, or £5.50 to me with Sublime. Get them while you can.

4 Likes

Tracey Thorn - Record. Fabulous recent album from Tracey Thorn, playing on the ltd Ed translucent red vinyl, which sounds fabulous (for the colour vinyl naysayers).

11 Likes

On CD:-

Anathema - The Optimist

4 Likes