What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

Thanks Dread. Still sounds good after more than 30 years. It would have to break beyond repair before I considered replacement. Had 4 CD players in same period.

1 Like

A Winged Victory for the Sullen’s rather wonderful debut album. This is the Record Store Day limited clear vinyl.

5 Likes

the Black Keys - Delta Kream.

Playing the Hi-Res download, and it’s simply stunning … … … live, “in the room” sound.

21 Likes

Muddy Waters & Rory Gallagher | The London Muddy Waters Sessions | 1972
Flicking through the library and this one jumped out with dust on it.

11 Likes

Oscar Peterson was the jazz pianist my dad introduced me to when I was a kid and he has never really gone away in my listening, albeit with fewer plays these days because of the huge number of other jazz artists I needed to expand my repertoire into. However, like an old friend you’ve not seen for years, it’s like you only saw them yesterday and the connection is immediate and joyous. What a player!

9 Likes

Me’Shell NdegéOcello peace beyond passion / 1996 Maverick / Germany CD / 9362460332

4 Likes

Roger waters , pros and cons of hitchhiking 41NBZ+3-4bL

20 Likes

Yes and our bumbling idiot is chief amongst them. He’s an embarrassment.

2 Likes

the Black Keys - Chulahoma.

The Keys’ continue their return to their Mississippi Hill Country Blues roots.

Belter!

Turning into a blooze evening, Chez Dave.

13 Likes

Roy Orbison, King Of Hearts. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

9 Likes

On a newly-acquired CD:

3 Likes

Very simple and excellent SQ.
Almost 50 years old. Great pick.

1 Like

On CD, Phantasmagoria by the Eivind Aarset 4Tet.

5 Likes

Nightwish. Made is Hong Kong live. Sorry neighbors, it’s public holiday and I really feel like this one in the morning. Fear not, all the ext doors and windows are closed and I have checked it’s not that loud on the outside… :joy:

4 Likes

Now onto the second disc from this set

Crossroads Guitar Festival 2010, such a fine array of talent.

13 Likes

Zbigniew Namyslowski Quintet, Polish jazz - yes! Dzień dobry @TheKevster , thank you! :blush:

4 Likes

images

16 Likes

Off to a Melbourne Cup function so this seems appropriate for a day of gambling drinking and general mayhem. The Cup that stops a nation.

Band of Horses Why Are You OK

10 Likes

The best of Siouxsie & the Banshees. :relaxed:

11 Likes

The best of Jennifer Warnes. The feeling has come around to give this a good spin. :relaxed:

3 Likes