What are you listening to in 2021 and why might anyone be interested

2 x LP - fine music 2006 : )

Mulo Francel tenor sax, soprano sax, c-melody sax, clarinet, bass clarinet, contra bass clarinet, mandoline, vibraphone
D.D. Lowka acoustic bass, percussions, vocals
Andreas Hinterseher accordion, vibrandoneon, piano
Robert Wolf guitar

2 Likes

Portishead - Dummy

So weird, but so good.

21 Likes

Shabazz by Billy Cobham - 1975 - All tracks recorded live in 1974 at the Rainbow Theatre/London except Taurian Matador ( Montreaux Music Festival)

5 Likes

John Lennon, Gimme Some Truth. Qobuz. Mu-So Qb 2.

8 Likes

Because it’s just arrived today and it’s their latest one. On first listen it’s really, really good. Sumptuous layers of instruments with Adam’s soft vocal. They’ve mixed this so well as sometimes this style of music can get lost and ’blend together’ (for want of a better term). Can’t wait to see them next year.
The War On Drugs ‘I Don’t Live Here Anymore’

17 Likes

A spot of Delius conducted by Barbirolli - lovely recording

11 Likes

Second play of this Kiki Dee acoustic………great voice, worth a listen.

5 Likes

Normally not so in the instrument, but saw this 21 hours Bach collection from her, and thought for 26 euros it’s a good investment to get into something different then my x version with a normal concert piano….

7 Likes

71h0T10mvWL.SS500
The Rolling Stones - Goats Head Soup.

25 Likes

Freddie Hubbard - Ready For Freddie.

Arrived today. First play.

EDIT: that was very pleasant, and a nice clean pressing for those who are in to buying these blue note releases.

18 Likes

Eva Cassidy, acoustic. Remembering Eva Cassidy thanks to @Debs. :relaxed:

11 Likes

Does anyone recall this one?

9 Likes

Continuing my jazz journey

Streaming

7 Likes

Its an addictive listen isn’t it David.

1 Like

Recall it? Still play it regularly - that song is the standout track and remains the best thing Jools Holland has ever done IMO

1 Like

Love how the simplicity of the piano and the singing come together drawing me into strong melancholic pictures.

1 Like

71VCF3rggeL._AC_SX300_SY300_QL70_ML2

Bowies estate are currently in negotiations to sell his music to WMG for approx $200 million give or take a bob or two. You get the feeling if they do we will get more Bowie re-issues?

23 Likes

For those of us in the US Kraftwerk are on tour as of 2nd May next year through to approx mid to late Aug

16 Likes

Agree, only other artist that does that in my opinion is Marc Cohn.

1 Like

Didn’t know you had moved and joined our friends across the pond.:slightly_smiling_face: