What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Now playing…

Andrew Cyrille - Lebroba

Andrew Cyrille (Drums), Wadada Leo Smith (Trumpet) and Bill Frisell (Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (88.2/24)… continuing on this Friday morning with both my exercise routine and this wonderful trio, love the interplay between these three musicians, all at the top of their craft and the music is sublime! …one very sweet album.

6 Likes

19 Likes

That track, indeed the whole album, sounds sublime on my system. Wonderful.

1 Like

‘Jazz’ - Queen

Second Queen album of the day - what a treat, especially ‘Bicycle Race’

9 Likes

Gary Clark Jr. | The Bright Lights - Aussie Tour Edition | 2011
Powerful stuff (and a stiff drink or three) that is getting cranked up to help purge a week of jury service.

8 Likes

Michael Franks Passionfruit / 1987 Warner / US CD / 9239622

3 Likes

The Walkmen – Bows + Arrows
CD|2004

Indie rock. New to me band, first listen. A few tracks in, liking it so far.

Another one of the brilliant Can SACDs. “Pinch” features some of the most awesome drumming ever committed to tape:

11 Likes

1977 - Bob Marley & The Wailers // Babylon By Bus

14 Likes

Have to agree with you, it gets a lot of play here. Right now in fact :grinning:

17 Likes

‘Tres Hombres’ – ZZ Top

Demob happy – saved up holiday to take the rest of August off. May turn the dial up from 9 to 11 for this one this evening.

23 Likes

After replying to @Gazza 's post a couple of days ago, thought I would give the band in question a spin. Their only album

The Notting Hillbillies - Missing… Presumed Having A Good Time.

15 Likes

Queen - Greatest Hits

Queen on Cassette tape in the car was a favourite in the 1980s. Sounding mighty fine.

Phil

11 Likes

I saw them a couple of weeks earlier in Folkestone. Now I am trying to think who supported them - if they had one?

2 Likes

1969 - King Crimson // ITCOTCK

25 Likes

I can’t seem to recall a support either Andy. But could be wrong on that account. I know I also have a concert recorded on VHS from the tour, broadcast on Channel Four’s Rock Steady ?

1 Like

Looking at all the tickets on-line and there is no mention.

1 Like

Can are so essential, and these SACDs so good, I’m sticking with thewm for the rest of the night.

10 Likes

Good point, It would have been on the net somewhere.

1 Like

The Hotelier – It Never Goes Out
CD|2011

Rock. More new to me music.