What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

We have this on CD. Sounds fine. And good music.

1 Like

Me neither, might take a look see what the fuss is about :+1:

Coz its Wilko Johnson! One of lifes great characters, just got to love the man…and his two fingers up to cancer…unbelievable!

:heart:

8 Likes

Did you enjoy his performance on Game of Thrones, Dread?

Elvis Costello & the Attractions - Imperial Bedroom

Every bugger loved this one from EC, and it sounds wonderful on original 1982 vinyl, from the long-gone Revolver Records in Bristol.

But Get Happy! (1980) is still the fabbest. There’s not a song on it I don’t still adore, and Mr. McManus never bettered New Amsterdam. YMMV.

15 Likes

Marc Maron WTF Podcast. Fascinating interview with Brett Morgen, the director of the recently released Moonage Daydream Bowie doc. Well worth a listen for a little creative background.

1 Like

Sorry, Ive never watched it

They cast him as an executioner because of his “death stare”.

1 Like

My biggest dissapointment this year has to be not being able to catch either Burning Spear shows here in Birmingham and Brixton.

:joy: brilliant that figures! I will have to check a few scenes out :+1:

I really enjoyed it and the previous debut/eponymous album, especially the folky tracks with acoustic instruments.

Scarlet and Other Stories brought a much heavier rock edge, almost anthemic with driving rhythms - that is what seemed so lacking listening to the vinyl last night.

1 Like

Deffo. :musical_note: :notes: :+1:

2 Likes

Grace Jones Island Life / 2018 Island / Germany CD / 8424532

23 Likes

LAU - The Bell That Never Rang (Diverse Records 2LP 2015)

Expanded 2 LP edition from Scottish Folk trio with a touch of electronics and joined by the Elysian Quartet

Diverse Records was a vinyl only quality label started by the people behind the shop Diverse Vinyl in Cardiff. My Naim dealer had a selection in the shop,he kindly invited me to help myself to one for free over a year or more ago. Having already very much enjoyed the Diverse 2LP version of Lau’s Race The Loser/Ghosts I bagged this one, somehow forgot about it and just came across it today for a first listen a year or more later.
I’m enjoying it, chilled and relaxing

3 Likes

Neneh Cherry - Raw Like Sushi CD rip. Oh wow, is it really thirty years since this came out, blimey. Still sounds fresh and full of energy though (well to these aching bones!).

4 Likes

14 Likes

Jimmy Cliff - Refugees (Qobuz/Sunpower)

Delighted to hear Jimmy has a new and purposefull album out, enjoying this first listen and great to hear his still sweet voice on new material.

“As a humanitarian, I wrote the song due to emotional feelings towards freedom taken away from human beings. None of us should be forced by violence, economics, war, or persecution to leave our country against our will”

Cliff says he views refugees as ordinary people who are also “quite extraordinary people, because they make miracles happen”. He describes negative attitudes towards them as stemming from “ignorance and wrong judgement” as well as the harmful effects of racism.

In an ideal world, he says, refugees would not exist anymore. “I know it’s utopian,” he says, adding that for now he will settle for them having “equality/equity, truth, and justice”

3 Likes

Stravinsky // Le Sacre Du Printemps

5 Likes

‘Organisation’ - Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark

Contains the brilliant single ‘Enola Gay’

13 Likes

One of my mates favourite albums, relatively new to me and full of energy.

11 Likes