What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Recently arrived (I previously had only a US Capitol and Giles’ remaster), sounds wonderful!

Beatles Forever series, Japanese Apple.

15 Likes

Because Murphy was an audiophile!

3 Likes

Creedence Clearwater Revival. Best of.
Alphabetically chosen on the iPod.

9 Likes

Harvey Mason Chameleon / 2014 Concord / US CD / CRE3411302

1 Like

I have always assumed that there are clicks all over a record, but most are masked by louder passages of music.

You may want to place this in the ‘Classical Music Thread’ as well where more folks may join in the conversation.

1 Like

Another Qobuz hires stream that sounds better than the cd rip I have. Still a bit loud, but listenable.

G

10 Likes

:rofl: Yes, how true, and Murphy has a cruel sense of humour!

Dr. Feelgood - All Through The City - (with Wilko 1974 - 1977).

‘Avin’ a monster Feelgoods / Wilko session this afternoon.

'Ere, that Wilko geezer, 'e was a bit good, innit.

16 Likes

Seth Avett – Seth Avett Sings Greg Brown
CD|2022

folk, folk rock. Seth is part of The Avett Brothers.

2 Likes

Be-Bop Deluxe - Sunburst Finish

I really enjoy listening to Bill Nelson’s playing on this album, especially the bluesy playing in the track entitled ‘Crying to the Sky’.

15 Likes

Some more John Martyn. Piece by Piece. 1986. Vinyl. Not his best known, but some lovely stuff on here. A bit of 80s production creeping in.

6 Likes

Yes, “Crying to the Sky” is a brilliant song imho. I think it was only a B-side to a single.

1 Like

A strong album…

4 Likes

Infectious rhythms and a lovely recording.

G

7 Likes

Just released 20th Anniversary release of one of my all time favourite albums - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots by the Flaming Lips. This contains 5 additional discs of material including early versions of songs, EPs, live sets. Brilliant

11 Likes

Taking a break from the football with

The Kiki Dee Band - I’ve Got The Music In Me.

9 Likes

Mine arrives today or tomorrow. Looking forward to it!

1 Like

I like this as well

4 Likes

John Martyn. One World. 1977 Vinyl. One of his best and one of Martyn’s favourites apparently. Steve Winwood contributes to most tracks.

" Due to its dubby, “echoing soundscapes” and experimental nature, One World has been cited as originating trip hop music" (Wiki.)

MartynOneWorld

13 Likes