What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

John Campbell - One Believer

Belter alert!!!

7 Likes

Wow that brings back memories. A friend a uni was into the whole king crimson, fripp and eno etc…
Robert Fripp performed at the Shepton mallet festival in the 1980s. It was a limited number of people so unfortunately we didn’t get in … access denied :frowning:
Must confess I don’t listen to it much these days but I do have alot of this stuff on vinyl.

1 Like

You really should try the CD version, which includes half speed and reversed versions - just for entertainment!

2 Likes

Missed that post. Yes that record is probably worn out :joy:
Never really got in with music for airports though

Vaughan Williams orchestral works, Marriner, Boult. Double Decca

3 Likes

“Don’t Care Blues” by Mamie Smith and her Jazz Hounds (1920)
“Streaming” and downloading. see topic Jazz/Blues/Music etc. (before 1923) for free - Music Room - Naim Audio - Community

1 Like

Just read that they sent a tape to John Peel with instructions that the reel to reel had to be rewound before playing. Peel didn’t see this and….

“On the December 18, 1973 broadcast of his Radio 1 show Top Gear , John played the entire album - backwards, showing that the “tails out” notice was disregarded. Eno had been listening to Peel’s show and phoned the BBC demanding to speak with him, but the receptionist took exception to his tone and hung up on him, and the playback continued unabated”

5 Likes

And Ruth Moody

3 Likes

Without Mercy - The Durutti Column

9 Likes

1975 (US) - Jim Capaldi // Short Cut Draw Blood

4 Likes

Fela Anikulapo Kuti, Ikoyi Blindness, from Vinyl Box Set 5. Fela is of course one of Eno’s favourite artists.

5 Likes

Jack Bruce and Robin Trower - Seven Moons, this blues rock trio is complemented by acclaimed drummer Gary Husband.

4 Likes

Feel like some serious free blowing so bring on the Arties Urban Bushmen live in Munchen from 1980 on double ECM CD.

3 Likes

Two Drive by Truckers live shows. 1 in 03 and the other 04

3 Likes

Daryl Hall - Sacred Songs

Produced by that man again.

12 Likes

Picking up on one of this evening’s artistic themes.
My Life In The Bush of Ghosts - Eno/Byrne

7 Likes

More Fela from the Vinyl Box Set 5:

6 Likes

Lee Morgan The Sidewinder / 1999 Blue Note / France CD / RVG Edition / 724349533226

16 Likes

Bruce Springsteen, western star. :cowboy_hat_face:

16 Likes

61MY6bxcDPL.SS500
Sting - The Soul Cages.

12 Likes