What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Sibelius En Saga
Rouvali and the Gothenburg Symphony
A quickie before tea.

3 Likes

Lovely stuff.

1 Like

Airbag | The Greatest Show On Earth | 2009
More from Airbag and a little sooner than I had thought as my server has lost a couple of tracks off the previous album.

9 Likes

Now playing…

India.Arie - Acoustic Soul

India.Arie (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Mark Batson (Bass, Drums, Fender Rhodes, Keyboards, Mellotron, Organ, Percussion,Synthesizer), John Catchings (Cello), Duane Covert (Vocals), Larry Goldings (Organ, Wurlitzer), Steve Grossman (Drums, Percussion), Tony Harrell (Keyboards), Kerisha Hicks (Vocals), Judeth Insel (Viola), Avery Johnson (Bass), Bashiri Johnson (Percussion), Doug Kahan (Bass), Terry MacMillan (Percussion), Blue Miller (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Vocals), Bob Power (Bass, Guitar), Marlene Rice (Violin), Ralph Rolle (Drums), Joyce Simpson (Vocals), David Spak (Percussion), Laurnea Wilkerson (Vocals) and Nioka Workman (Cello).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this morning as I start up today’s exercise routine with India.Arie and she and the talented group of musicians are sounding sublime! One very sweet album…

12 Likes

The original Studio One recording or the later do over with Steely and Cleavie?

So pleased and relieved to have this back…shrink promptly opened, quickly RCM’d and plonked on the gramophone

1 Like

Such Winters of Memory

John Surman/Karin Krog/Pierre Favre (1983).

1 Like

13 Likes

2021 - Teresa James & The Rhythm Tramps // Rose-Tinted Glasses

2 Likes

Gregg Allman - Southern Blood

Gregg knew he was on the way out and what a way to go - beautiful album.

15 Likes

West Side Story OST.

7 Likes

2010 - The Innocent Mission // My Room In The Trees

4 Likes

Sibelius, Violin Concerto, Heifetz with the Chicago Symphony. JVC XRCD.
A bit bright in the upper registers on my system (never heard it on another) - I’d love to hear the original Living Stereo LP.

3 Likes

The one released as a single in '94.

First heard it as I strolled into a pub and it was belting out on the video jukebox … … remember those?

Totally transfixed was I.

1 Like

A live recording, so the SQ here isn’t stunning, but the music is always interesting and adventurous.

One of my favourite albums of the last few years . :sob:

1 Like

4 Likes

Now playing…

Ayo - Royal

Ayo (Vocals), Freddy Koella (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Mandolin, Resonator Guitar), Denis Benarrosh (Drums), Laurent Vernerey (Electric Upright Bass), Gaël Rakotondrabe (Piano), Julia-Sarr (Vocals, Choir), Onane Zamati Vocals, Choir), Philippe Hammel (Harmonica), and Alexandre Leauthaud (Accordion, Bandoneon)

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… continuing on into the noon hour with Ayo’s ‘Royal’ album. Ayo has such a beautiful voice supported by some very talented musicians and they are sounding sublime! I do love this album…

10 Likes

Settling in for Citeh Atleti with some classic British reggae from Misty In Roots. I usually put on Live at Counter Euro or Wise and Foolish so for a change Earth. Great rhythms harmonies and a bit of brass with a political/eco message that belies its age. On lovely People Unite vinyl.

1 Like

Blur - Think Tank - 2003

8 Likes