What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

1974 - Robert Wyatt // Rock Bottom

9 Likes

I suspected it was something like that. But it still gives me pause.

A couple of programmes with the Big O on Beeb 4 tonight
Here he is joined by a few mates…

A Black And White Night

:heart:

8 Likes

I do and thanks Ewen.

Santana | Caravanserai | 1972 / 2011

18 Likes

‘Get Back’ - The Beatles

The Glyn Johns mix from the ‘Let it Be’ box set.

18 Likes

The Temptation side. Exquisite.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Nils Frahm - Music for Animals

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… I saw a mention of this album above by @ted_p and found the description on Bandcamp, ‘Containing ten tracks and clocking in at over three hours long, it’s an ambitious and compelling set different to anything Frahm’s released to date.’ and ‘Music For Animals‘ is a substantial collection that encourages listeners to bask in its tranquility at their chosen depth, demanding only as much attention as they wish to contribute. As Frahm himself happily points out, “It all comes back to that waterfall. If you want to watch it, watch it. If you don’t, then you don’t have to. It will always be the same, yet never quite the same.” Indeed, that’s Music For Animals’ greatest strength. Instantly recognisable, it’s still like nothing else.’

With my schedule this afternoon I will not get through all three hours in one sitting. I am enjoying the opening track… the music is sounding sublime!

2 Likes

Still waiting for the half speed master 180gm version of this beauty.

To be fair I’ve obviously looked after it, totally silent.

2 Likes

7 Likes

Beth Orton - Weather Alive

8 Likes

Didn’t know this was out. Ordered.

2 Likes

Can | Out of Reach | 1978
I can’t remember the last time that I played this one! As far as I can tell it never got the SACD treatment but it’s very good to hear again.

4 Likes

Came out today. Different from her last album and considering her problems, it’s very good indeed, to me it’s her best album for quite awhile.

2 Likes

Missed this, just ordered, cheers!

1 Like

First listen of a track or two was on my Ipad. Now on main hifi, it’s a fitting send off to this one off singer……mainly recorded in his home as he could not travel to the studio an hour away. This track with Katie Pruitt and Aaoron Neville on vocals and others makes his wish of a country album come true.

7 Likes

Chris Isaak : San Francisco Days. Cracker.

5 Likes

I seem to be working chronologically backwards.

Presence/Zep

15 Likes

7 Likes

Milos. Lovely player. Seen him live a couple of times.
264x264

5 Likes