What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Glad you’re enjoying it David, as I’m sure you know, they are the sisters from Dixie Chicks.

1 Like

Haven’t been in this thread for ages so forgive me for not listening to a whole album…

1 Like

Listening to Soul Sweet Song. Love it. Recently got into Chris Stapleton which you might like.

Automatic – Signal
CD|2019

Ayo, live at the Olympia. :relaxed:

51e4MmVv-GL.AC
Paul Carrack - It Ain’t Over.

3 Likes

Not my kind of music but I listened to a bit and can see the appeal

That’s definitely a bit odd. Electropunk?

Each to his own. I love it. Memorized by her voice sweetened by my ProAcs, the guitars, harmonica, drums and participation of the crowd. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

I just put up the volume and started the album again. RELs are adding to the magic as well. Of course My naimie (Nova) is the backbone of the setup. How dare I almost forgot to mention. :innocent:

1 Like

I found it on Qobuz in the US Pete…

1 Like

On the more punky theme, this is Mark E. Smith’s stand out track.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Beth Orton - Weather Alive

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… returning from a walk with my wife through the Ballard Locks and then picking up a few items from the grocery store and taking this new album from Beth out for a spin, and the opening track is sounding mighty fine! Looking forward to the rest of the album.

10 Likes

Typical it’s not on the Aus site yet.

1 Like

Happy listening Mr. Seakayaker

1 Like

Any Gomez fans out there? This is my reference track. It’s got so much going on across the frequencies.

11 Likes

@thebadyogi - Their 1998 debut album, Bring it On, is essential listening and not a bad track on it.

12 Likes

Indeed. Their Mercury winning debut. I love the fact that Bring It On is also a track on their second album. For those pub quiz aficionados out there. Has any other band had a track on their second album that is the name of their first album?

Brilliant band. Three vocalist. Great arrangements. Seen them twice. Brixton and Glastonbury. Hope they resurface at some point.

1 Like

Now playing…

Gomez - Bring It On - 10th Anniversary Collector’s Edition

Ian Ball (Vocals, Guitar), Ben Ottewell (Vocals, Guitar), Paul Blackburn (Bass), Tom Gray (Vocals, Guitar, Keyboards), Olly Peacock (Drums, Synths, Computers), |an Bracken (Cello), Stephen Fellows (Guitar), Mat Quinton (Tuba) and Susie Wright (Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… a couple of mentions above had me reach for Gomez and they are sounding mighty sweet!

13 Likes

Maria Muldaur, waitress at a donut shop. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Gomez, liquid skin. Never listened to this before. Took a little patience but really enjoyed it. Thank you @thebadyogi. :relaxed:

10 Likes