51037aOyHUL.AC
Gary Moore - Blues For Greeny.

12 Likes

Just heard over on the Jazz thread of the passing of Pharoah Sanders

The Creator Has A Master Plan

RIP and Respect due

:heart:

9 Likes

I have to thank Nigel Finn (ex Chord) and his sadly missed music section in Hi-Fi Critic for turning me on to Steel Pulse and Handsworth Revolution. It’s a much played album in this house.

Great music, great sonics - a fantastic album.

8 Likes

Dire Straits. Communiqué. SACD.

24 Likes

David Sylvian from my lovely ‘Weatherbox’ collection.

G

5 Likes

Stunning new album from Suede

2 Likes

The Cosmic Trip Advisors – What Are You Sinking About?
CD|2022

1 Like

Listened to that earlier but found it a little too suede ish. Not much new sounding? I will give it another try though over the next week or so.

1 Like

Coltrane afternoon.

8 Likes

A nice Rioja tonight I think.

G

6 Likes

Sue Foley – The Ice Queen
CD|2018

Blues. First listen.

1 Like

Wooden Shjips | 2007
Very fine psychedelic rock on their eponymous debut. Contemporary psyche recapturing West Coast 60s sounds, I have really enjoyed all their albums to date and hope another is due soon, it has been four years…

5 Likes

I prefer the follow up Tribute To The Martyrs, I love Steel Pulse and always great live.
I have a minor claim to fame in that my Uncle used to caretake a comminity hall in Handsworth he told me of a time he politely ejected a band from the hall that he said hadn’t permission to be there, later turned out to be Steel Pulse in their early days :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Now playing…

Eliza Gilkyson - 2020

Eliza Gilkyson (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, National Steel Guitar), Christine Albert (Choir/Chorus), Bukka Allen (Keyboards, Hammond Organ, Piano, Wurlitzer), Bellarosa Castillo (Choir/Chorus), Cisco Ryder Gilliland (Drums, Percussion, Vocal Harmony), Noëlle Hampton (Choir/Chorus), Mike Hardwick (Dobro, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Pedal Steel, Slide Guitar), Jaimee Harris (Vocals), Warren Hood (Fiddle), Chris Maresh (Bass), Zanna Ouise (Choir/Chorus), Jana Pochop (Choir/Chorus), Raina Rose (Choir/Chorus), Betty Soo (Vocal Harmony), Kym Warner (Mandolin) and Bonnie Whitmore (Choir/Chorus).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… a mention from @davidng above had me reach for Eliza and now kicking off this morning with her very fine album released in April 2020 and she and the band are sounding mighty sweet!

6 Likes

Bert Jansch. Avocet. 1978.

Bert Jansch - guitar, piano
Martin Jenkins - mandocello, violin, flute
Danny Thompson - bass

s-l400

6 Likes

Vieux Farka Touré | Ali | 2022
My first run at this and it’s sounding good straight out of the traps, he’s aided by Khruangbin on a track or two.

6 Likes

Working my way through this…as posted on the vinyl thread, if you like stuff like Max Roach, Sun Ra you might get into this…

Count Ossie And The Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari - Grounation (Soul Jazz)

Soul Jazz boxed re issue of the landmark recording of Count Ossie’s Mystic Revelation Of Rastafari, first released in 1972 and an essential recorded document in the history of Jamaican music and Rastafari Roots & Culture.

Musicians and followers of Rastafari gather at Count Ossie’s camp in the Wareika Hills for extended Nyabingi sessions lasting for days and nights. Fusing African Roots, Nyabhingi drumming, Spirituality, reasoning sessions, biblical readings, poetry and free jazz. Many of the Islands great musicians would escape the constraints of the Jazz bands and Reggae recording scene to join Count Ossie in the hills to explore the freedom to play free.
Along with The Alpha Boys School, Count Ossie and MRR are a cornerstone in the development of JA roots music.
The Mystic Revelation continue the tradition in the hills today led by Count Ossie’s son Time.

On first impression looks like Soul Jazz have done a respectful job of reproducing the original 3LP set, only slight grumble being the inner sleeves new out the box are a little creased and ring marked.

Not sure what source Soul Jazz have accessed but hopefully it will sound as good as can be expected.

:heart:

2 Likes