One of Rick Rubins Desert Island discs

Qobuz: Bach Reworks (Pt. 1) by Víkingur Ólafsson
Spotify: Bach Reworks (Pt. 1) by Víkingur Ólafsson

.sjb

8 Likes

13 Likes

CDX2.2 loving this

11 Likes

I had planned to play that yesterday, then ended up on a Beatles session of gigantic proportions. Nothing beats a bit of the Fab Four, and the Beatles aren’t too shabby either :woman_beard: :woman_beard: :woman_beard: :woman_beard:

3 Likes

Warpaint - Radiate Like This, some lovely melodies at work here delivered with real textured delicacy

8 Likes

Sunday afternoons are just made for jazz in the Crispyduck house

22 Likes

Bob Dylan, The 30th Anniversary Concert.

7 Likes

Can’t recall her getting a mention on here either in a long while or at all, Emma Louise , Supercry.

Her previous album was really decent too.

The vinyl has seismic bass and her voice floats above everything.

Aussie Beth Orten? Probably totally inaccurate but she has real quality.

3 Likes

Another one inexplicably on the un-listened-to list for far too long.

8 Likes

Now the dark days are here playing something I associate with winter - EST live triple. Almost at the end of a stunning propulsive nigh on 13 minute version of Good Morning Susie Soho (my fave album of theirs).

10 Likes

The Beatles | Revolver (Super Deluxe) | 2022
My first chance to have a listen to this reworked 1966 classic, just CD 1 for now and the first couple of tracks sound great.

21 Likes

Hats by The Blue Nile

Original 1989 pressing - both vinyl and sleeve in mint condition - arrived this morning.
Sounding great and perfect for a gentle Sunday.

17 Likes

Fleetwood Mac | The Best of Peter Green’s Fleetwood Mac | 2002
I can’t go too long without listening to Greeny and this one is a wonderful snippet of the Fleetwood Mac sound when he was on board and they were at their best as a blues rock band.

21 Likes

The Olivia Tremor Control - Dusk At Cubist Castle

1 Like

Now playing…

Anat Cohen - Quartetinho

Anat Cohen (Clarinet, Bass Clarinet), Vitor Goncalve (Piano, Accordion, Fender Rhodes), Tal Mashiach (Bass, Bass Guitar) and James Shipp (Vibraphone, Percussion, Glockenspiel, Analog Synthesizer).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… kicking off this Sunday morning with ‘Quartetinho’ released on October 6th and was fortunate to see perform last evening at the Seattle Town Hall as part of the Earshot Jazz Festival and like last evening they are sounding sublime!

6 Likes

Jerry Garcia Band – Pure Jerry: Lunt-Fontanne, New York City, The Best Of The Rest, October 15-30, 1987
CD|2004

3CD set, CDs 1 & 2 are electric, CD3 is acoustic.

5 Likes

Various Artists - Best of British and Beyond

This was a free download from the Naim Label from many years back. It features as one of my most played albums, principally owing to the excellent ‘First Song’ by Laurence Hobgood and Charlie Haden with Kurt Elling, which is gorgeous. This was also released as a giveaway CD with Jazzwise magazine, but the download was 24 bit at 48kHz, proving to me at least that it was the bitrate that mattered rather than sampling frequency.

6 Likes