What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Sophie Zelmani - Soul - Qobuz

This was mentioned by @Cohen1263 in the Statement Considerations thread. I have to agree that it’s a gorgeous listen. Not one I have noticed here. Give it a spin!

Phil

10 Likes

At least one of you will be unhappy with that comparison :joy:

2 Likes

Or both :scream:

1 Like

Cat Stevens. Teaser and the Firecat. 5 disc edition.
Playing cd3 . Live on air 1970/71 UK. (72mins)

16 Likes

Yoko Ono Death Of Samantha, one of Yoko’s many great songs…if you’re of the persuasion that think she’s only about Bagism, give it a listen…

10 Likes

Sophie Zelmani - Soul

The song ‘All About You’ from this album was mentioned by @Cohen1263 on the Statement Considerations thread. I played that song and enjoyed it so much that I’m following through from track one. Check it out, it’s good!

9 Likes

Yellowjackets Dreamland / 1995 Warner / US CD / 9459442

6 Likes

And now ladies and gentlemen, here’s Grace…

23 Likes

One of my all time favourites, the title of an earlier album and his label the inspiration for my username.

Break Down The Walls, sadly timelesly relevant in these divided times (or at least as some would like it to be)

Not sure how your listening, be aware that digital streams and CD’s really dont do justice to original vinyl issues of Mikey’s classic albums and 45’s, shame whoever’s managing Mikeys estate havent sorted this

Bless up n enjoy
:heart:

1 Like

Terence Trent D’Arby - Introducing the Hardline…

Original 1987 vinyl. Not the sort of thing I’d normally buy, but I was influenced by a girl at the time. The album certainly brings back memories.

11 Likes

:heart:

2 Likes

11 Likes

Man, I haven’t played this in ages
The first track is utter brilliance!

5 Likes

Brilliant Mary Chapin Carpenter gig from 1993, officially recorded unreleased.

9 Likes

Superb John Hiatt gig from 1988. Officially recorded unreleased.

5 Likes

13 Likes

Lucinda Williams in stunning form from her 2003 tour. Officially recorded unreleased.

9 Likes

Free Live at Isle of Wight complete gig incl All Right Now which was missed off of many boots of the show due to it being officially released. SBD.

13 Likes

Next up Emmylou Harris Wrecking Ball outtakes some of which are different than those on the Deulxe version of the cd and includes an unreleased song.

14 Likes

On this occasion listening from iPad to portable Bluetooth speaker which shows good music is still good music whatever the format but agree vinyl is best.
My favourite track is Mental slavery.

1 Like