What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Teeth Of The Sea | Master | 2013
I’m finding it difficult to play anything other than TOTS this evening, resistance has been futile so I’m going along with this wonderful flow.

1 Like

Tame Impala - Innerspeaker
CD rip|2010

5 Likes

Excellent album! A few months (8?)before she past away. Nice clips on you tube.
Brings a tear to my eye when i listen to this, just amazing.

1 Like

Neither - I quietly gawped at the shopping trolley she was filling while I was trying to work out what to spend what was left of my meagre wages on…

…which is better than bouncing up and down, holding my head and going ‘No, No…’ when I discreetly said to a friend ‘don’t look but throbbing gristle are walking behind us’ and they turned round saying loudly ‘Throbbing Gristle, where !’…

…or being told by Simon King in Portobello Road that he had just been sacked by Hawkwind when I was too stoned to be able to answer, despite an abundance of Hawkwind etc badges on my leathers…

3 Likes

Marvin, Welch and Farrar - Second Opinion
Considered to be one of the best sounding EMI produced albums from Abbey Road in its day.

2 Likes

4 Likes

Great album - Hank, Bruce and some other bloke trying to be Crosby, Stills and Nash.

The first album is worth a spin.

2 Likes

Steely Dan, Aja. :relaxed:

14 Likes

7 Likes

Tanya Donelly – Swan Song Series
CD|rip|2016

3CD set of collection of EPs. Indie rock.

3 Likes

Now playing…

Jakob Bro - Gefion

Jakob Bro (Guitar), Thomas Morgan (Double Bass) and Jon Christensen (Drums).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… after listening to NAIM radio for awhile I am turning to Jakob on my NAS since Qobuz decided to take a NAP for awhile. …and Jakob, Thomas and Jon are sounding sublime! One beautiful opening track and album…

2 Likes

3 Likes

Fergus McCreadie was on R4 Front Row playing a couple of tracks off this solo this evening so continued whilst watching the football. Seen him twice this year and he and band were superb. The Scottish folk form jazz doesn’t quite match the samba footie but no mind. Oops forgot about this for the Album of the Year thread.

2 Likes

Elvis Presley, Sings The Wonderful World Of Christmas. Qobuz. NDX 2.

4 Likes

Seems appropriate somehow:

13 Likes

Thought to crawl to bed early…

6 Likes

Amy Winehouse, back to black. :relaxed:

15 Likes

Joni Mitchell - Night Ride Home.

15 Likes

Now playing…

Alison Krauss - A Hundred Miles Or More: A Collection

Alison Krauss (Fiddle, Viola, Vocals), Larry Atamanuik (Drums), Scott Baggett (Keyboards), Barry Bales (Acoustic Bass, Electric Bass), Norman Blake (Vocals), Ron Block (Electric Guitar, Rhythm Guitar, Vocals), Steve Buckingham (Dulcimer, Mountain Dulcimer), Tom Bukovac (Guitar), Sam Bush (Mandolin, Vocals), Chris Carmichael (Cello, Viola, Violin), Keefus Ciancia (Piano), Keith Ciancia (Piano), Dub Cornett (Vocals), |Jim Cox (Hammond B3, Hammond Organ), Tony Creasman (Drums), Dennis Crouch (Bass), Eric Darken (Percussion), Jerry Douglas (Dobro, Lap Steel Guitar), Stuart Duncan (Baritone Ukulele, Fiddle, Guitar, Violin), Pat Enright (Vocals), First Baptist Church Choir of White House, TN (Vocals), Béla Fleck (Banjo), Shannon Forrest (Drums, Percussion), Kevin Grantt (Bass, Upright Bass), Carl Jackson (Acoustic Guitar, Gut String Guitar), Mike Johnson (Steel Guitar), Viktor Krauss (Bass), Abraham Laboriel, Sr. (Bass, Drums), Kenny Lewis (Vocals), B. James Lowry (Acoustic Gutar), Natalie MacMaster (Fiddle), Kenny Malone (Percussion), Catherine Marx (Piano), Porter McLister| (Vocals), Greg Morrow (Drums), Gordon Mote (Fender Rhodes, Piano), The Nashville String Machine (Strings), Tim O’Brien (Vocals), Maura O’Connell (Vocals), Brad Paisley (Acoustic Guitar, Baritone Guitar, Vocals), Andy Peake (Drums), Sam Phillips (Vocals), Bill Piburn (Classical Guitar), David Rawlings (Vocals), Tony Rice (Guitar), Matt Rollins (Piano), Gordie Sampson (Guitar), David Schnaufer Dulcimer), Ben Sesar (Drums), Michael Spriggs (Acoustic Guitar), Adam Steffey (Mandola), Sting (Vocals), Harry Stinson (Drum Set, Hand Drums), Bryan Sutton (Mandolin), James Taylor (Vocals), James Taylor Jr. (Vocals), Martin Tillman (Cello), Dan Tyminski (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), John Waite (Bass, Vocals), Patrick Warren (Harmonium), Gillian Welch (Vocals), Cheryl White (Vocals), Jeff White (Acoustic Guitar) and Justin Williamson (Fiddle).

Streaming on NAS (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with the beautiful voice and music from Alison Krauss along with the talented group of musicians working with her and they are sounding sublime! …one very fine album.

15 Likes

Time for some Kate I think …
:+1:

24 Likes