What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Indeed. Happy Birthday Johnny!

Thanks for it all!

I was just round the corner when you got done at the Pegasus in Green Lanes. Dammit, had we have known, you’d have had backup!

1 Like

18 Likes

Spirit | Spirit | 1968
Great early debut stuff from these boys, I have to wheel them out every now and again.

10 Likes

Follow The Leader / Eric B & Rakim

Though I’m not. Just in case Dread thinks I’m slipping in some not too subliminal pro-Boris messages.

An amazing record.

3 Likes

10 Likes

Amazing that Johnny Rotten shares the same birthday as Franz Schubert :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

With my two posts above it will be interesting to see who scores the most ‘likes’…
Johnny is leading with 7 likes to Franz’s 4 at this moment in time!

3 Likes

Emerson, Lake & Palmer - Tarkus.

19 Likes

Haydn string quartets Op. 20
Quatuor mosaïques

4 Likes

Psyence Fiction / Unkle

11 Likes

As debuts go, that’s a pretty good effort. Lavelle and Davis made exceedingly good music together before they took different paths.

1 Like

1st run of this new album, so far attractive and different from his earlier work…

1 Like

81cEzS+r8GL.SS500
Rory Gallagher - Live! In Europe, time for a bit of guitar rock whilst keeping an eye on the last hours of the football transfer window.

12 Likes

Yello - Point, on high res download. Time for some Boris & Dieter lunacy.

14 Likes

Roxy Music, Avalon. :relaxed:

26 Likes

Prompted by hearing the first of the piano sessions featuring David Grey on Ken Bruce’s Radio 2 show this morning I thought I would give this a spin

David Gray - White Ladder

17 Likes

Just released, the old master in trio format - nice…

2 Likes

Finished…

Now Playing…

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue

Miles Davis (Trumpet), Cannonball Adderley (Alto Saxophone), Paul Chambers (Bass, Double Bass), Jimmy Cobb (Drums), John Coltrane (Tenor Saxophone), Bill Evans (Piano) and Wynton Kelly (Piano).

Streaming on Qobuz (196/24)…… as I started up today’s exercise routine I took Miles’s 'Kind of Blue out for a spin and he and the band sounded so Sweet!

Now playing…

Tomaz Stanko - Suspended Night

Tomasz Stanko (Trumpet), Marcin Wasilewski (Piano), Slawomir Kurkiewicz (Double-Bass) and Michal Miskiewicz (Drums).

Streaming on Qobuz (96/24)… I continued on with Tomasz and his fabulous quartet to finish off the exercises, and he and the band are sounding sublime! …life is so sweet!

22 Likes

Herbie Hancock. Maiden voyage.
Things have not gone well today. Not sure what to do so just queued up some quiet jazz in the background while I think.

14 Likes

Try “Morning Phase” or “Midnite Vultures” by him when you have a chance. More upbeat.

I think so anyway :thinking:

Thanks for your suggestions. It may be some time before I try him again though.

1 Like