What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

6 Likes

2005 - Kate Rusby // The Girl Who Couldn’t Fly

3 Likes

3 trax due out March next year

3 Likes

Now playing…

Anna Tivel - Blue World

Anna Tivel (Vocals), Galen Clark (Piano, Rhodes, Wurlitzer, Organ) and Micah Hummel (Percussion).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/24)… continuing on this afternoon with this July 2021 album release from Anna and along with Galen and Michael are sounding sublime! Just love this album…

5 Likes

Various – The Alligator Records Christmas Collection
CD|1992

blues Christmas

3 Likes

One of the great psychedelic albums imo…
HP Lovecraft - II.
2004 ltd ed (20/1000) unofficial release. I don’t think it’s up there sq-wise with my original 1968 pressing, but this was first to hand. The cover’s in better nick tho :slightly_smiling_face:

Highly recommended album.

5 Likes

1998 - The Paradise Motel // Flight Paths

16 Likes
8 Likes

Good morning All!

Boz Scaggs - 2006 Dig

14 Likes

‘Tonight’ - David Bowie

A quick blast of The Dame before heading out to work on this frosty morning.

12 Likes

Viktoria Mullova - Beethoven and Mendelssohn Violin Concertos

Just lit the fire on a cold and frosty morning. Everything Wonderful.

Phil

5 Likes

I can’t keep up with him.

Ryan Adams. Prisoner. Been playing him a lot recently. I really like this one.

I see he is playing Birmingham Symphony hall in April, I might go.

“During Spring 2022’s East-Coast US run he performed a stunning 168 songs over five nights in shows that averaged two hours and forty minutes.”
Ryanadamsprisoner

5 Likes

Led Zeppelin - How the West Was Won

I used to be an out and out Led Zeppelin fan, so consequently I bought everything released by the band and the individual members and continued doing so even after my enthusiasm had started to wane. This is one of the later albums, which I haven’t played that often. But I do like their rock ‘n’ roll medleys which they bracket within Whole Lotta Love. Here it extends to 23 minutes. Rock ‘n’ roll as only Led Zeppelin can do. Boogie mama!

16 Likes

Kalak by Sarathy Korwar. A Jazz-World fusion from this talented percussionist

1 Like

Wow, just wow I like Beth, and am now wondering why I haven’t investigated her earlier albums

Now rectifying that with Immortal

6 Likes

I think you’ve seen this (I posted on the YT thread)? – better than the album!!!

Have just played this album again and the room rocked, a lot :grin:

4 Likes

Great version, I was planning to see her (last year?) in York but didn’t get round to it (the microbiologist in me worried about that virus and a lot of people) then completely forgot until after the event.
If wishes etc

FYI, she’s due to be in Sheffield March 2023.

1 Like