Puss N Boots, sister. :relaxed:

7 Likes

Bob Dylan - Blood On The Tracks.

24 Likes

Rock time methinks …
RainbowRainbowRising

19 Likes

2 Likes

What a debut album. Looking back to early 1977 this was a revelation the advent of a new wave in music.

I remember the comments amongst my mates “Sounds like The Doors” when no one in the UK had heard of The Doors.

“All the tracks start with J J Burnel’s barracuda bass because Hugh Cornwell couldn’t play the guitar.

“Jet Black looks like he is 40” when he was 39.

How wrong we were but we knew this was the start of something different.

5 Likes

Joining in the memories of Jet Black with The Stranglers finest - Black & White. The first band that I truly loved as a 13 yr old

15 Likes

Now playing…

Bonny Light Horseman - Bonney Light Horseman

Anaïs Mitchell ( AcousticGuitar, Vocals), Andrew Barr (Drum), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion, Vocals), Bella Blasko (Vocals), Logan Coale (Upright Bass), Aaron Dessner (Hi String Guitar), Lisa Hannigan (Vocals), Christian Lee Hutson (Acoustic Guitar), Eric D. Johnson (Banjo, 12 String Electric Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Piano, Vocals), Josh Kaufman (Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Organ, Piano, Vocals), Michael Lewis (Bass, Tenor Saxophone, Vocals), Barbara Jean Meyers (Viola), Anaïs Mitchell ( AcousticGuitar, Vocals), Kate Stables (Banjo), Emily Staveley-Taylor (Vocals), Justin Vernon (Vocals) and Jeremy Ylvlsaker (12 String Guitar).

Streaming on Qobuz (44./16)… after running a errand down to the grocery store and back, I am continuing on this afternoon with the Bonny Light Horseman and they are sounding mighty sweet!

11 Likes

Paul Carrack - Soul Shadows.

7 Likes

What a great shout @Anonymoot. I’m inspired to play Stargazer - what a track!!!

2 Likes

Now playing…

Bonny Light Horseman - Rolling Golden Holy

Anaïs Mitchell (Clapping, Dulcimer, Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion), Eric D. Johnson (Banjo, Clapping, Dulcimer, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Harmonica, Percussion, Piano, Shaker, Tambourine, Vocals), Josh Kaufman (Banjo, Bass, Clapping, Drum Machine, Drums, Dulcimer, 12 String Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Electric Guitar, Nylon String Guitar, Hammond B3, Hi String Guitar, Mandolin, Organ, Pedal Piano, Percussion, Piano, Synthesizer, Vocals, Wurlitzer) and Mike Lewis (Bass, Tenor Saxophone).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this Thursday afternoon with the recently released album from Bonny Light Horseman and they are sounding sublime!

9 Likes

UK first press vinyl:

18 Likes

Daniel Lanois - Acadie

Vinyl. Good late night stuff.

10 Likes

Now playing…

Anaïs Mitchell -Anaïs Mitchell

Anaïs Mitchell (Acoustic Guitar, Vocals), Thomas Bartlett (Fender Rhodes, Mellotron, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Wurlitzer), JT Bates (Drums, Percussion), Aaron Dessner (Electric Guitar), Josh Kaufman (Bass, 12 String Guitar, Electric Guitar, Harmonica, Mandolin, Organ, Piano, Synthesizer, Synthesizer Bass), Michael Lewis (Bass, Clarinet, Tenor Saxophone, Synthesizer), Nathan Schram (Violin), Nadia Sirota (Viola) and Alexandra Sopp (Flute).

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… continuing on this afternoon with this album from Anaïs with a very talented group of musicians working with her and they are sounding sublime! A fabulous album…

9 Likes

A quote I remember from those days: " Third rate Doors is better than no Doors"…

• Some music paper, can’t remember which…

I’d heard of The Doors, for just one!

1 Like

Not at home over the weekend and obviously can’t play anything, however can’t let today go past without remembering John Lennon. It’s hard to believe he’s now been gone longer than he was here.

Imagine.:heart::peace_symbol:

5 Likes

Of all the people who could have delivered that message to me about JL, it had to be Howard Cosell - it was a Monday night, and I was watching the football game.

It’s was early morning when the news broke, it’s one of those events that you’ll always remember where you were.

Yep.
Kennedy, Czechoslovakia, Lennon and 9/11.

Indelible.

1 Like

The Beatles Let It Be / 2003 Apple / EU CD x 2 / 0724359571324

17 Likes

Vogue editor Edward Enninful on Desert Island Discs on R4.

Interesting guy. They are talking about inclusivity. Buy better and buy less.

Great to hear Soul II Soul.