What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Azymuth Tightrope Walker / 1986 Milestone / US CD / MCD91432

3 Likes

The great Rudy De Anda turns John Lennon’s song into an Air-style cover version.

2 Likes

REM - Murmer

On CD. Charity shop find.

4 Likes

From the late 70s “Blue Box” LP set.
Strange and enlightening hearing this version having accustomed my ears to the 50th Anniversary Giles Martin mix. I really enjoy both.

20 Likes

Julie Felix - Rock Me Goddess
Wonderful album from the 60’s folk queen, recorded at the age of 80 in 2018 two years before she died.

3 Likes

What is their first?

Imo 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1.

2 Likes

These have just arrived and are ready to play…

2 Likes

Something lively while making a chilli

1 Like

Inspired by R3 this morning

13 Likes

Sam Rivers - Contours (Blue Note Tone Poet version)

I’ve just made an appointment to hear the new Radikal 2 in a back to back demo against Radikal 1, so thought I’d exercise my Radikal 1 by using one of the best pressings I have in my collection. On the basis of this record, I can’t really see how the Rad 1 can be improved!

8 Likes

Mid morning radio with the DJ formerly known as Anne Frankenstein (now Deb Grant). Always a great eclectic mix.

2 Likes

Yes’ debut LP.

15 Likes

The Truth According To Ruthie Foster

5 Likes

Plum label, but red vinyl - Whoa!

1 Like

Always enjoyed listening to her Saturday afternoon show in my car while I was on the way to Bath every week to see my Dad. Agree about her great and varied music choices, a lot of which are in my collection! I must make the effort to catch her daily morning show when I am working online at home.

2 Likes

First time I’ve given New Morning a spin in years.

Sounds good (while doing weights and stretching).

10 Likes

Now for the Tomita version

6 Likes

Steven Wilson - 4 1/2

Vinyl mini album comprising a few songs which were recorded during the Raven and H.C.R. sessions, but didn’t make it onto either album.

5 Likes

Be Bop Deluxe - ‘Live! in the Airage’ (1977). CD version from 1990. This 1977 live album has always been a favourite, especially ‘Mill St. Junction’ and ‘Adventures…’. I have got the box set of 15 CDs released last year with lots more material from the 1977 tour. Looking forward to starting on that lot but this familiar recording is a nice way to start…

14 Likes