What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

No time today or tomorrow (the joy of weekend working), but looking forward to playing this on the QB2. Did have a second play on the mobile while I was at work today.

7 Likes

Sophie Zelmani, sing and dance. I enjoyed her other album Soul so much. Have to have continue with this. Only a couple of tracks in. So far so good. :blush:

6 Likes

New collaboration from team Radiohead Thom Yorke & Jonny Greenwood, and Tom Skinner & Nigel Godrich

3 Likes

Wonderful blend of the experimental and more traditional sounding Cuban music of this era (1973-85). SQ, pressing, mastering all excellent too.
Thank goodness this isn’t released on one of the “audiophile” labels. It would be treble the price.

5 Likes

Joe Pass Virtuoso / 2010 Pablo / EU CD / 0888072319905

Perfect listening for a Sunday breakfast.

7 Likes

Worth a listen if you enjoy alternative folk

4 Likes

Well that was unexpectedly brilliant, support act were brilliantly mad and exuberant and the Chameleons absolutely brought it.

First time I saw them it was in O2 Islington and it was ok, this time Assembly Halls Islington and the venue was much better.

Spectacular.

If you are not familiar with the recordings of Les Siecles conducted by Francois-Xavier Roth then you are really missing out on something. The music is played on period instruments but it is the musicianship and recording quality that really sets their work apart. The version of Le Tombeau de Couperin on this is just out of this world

5 Likes

Since you lot keep raving on about this release, I’ll have to give it a listen.

2 Likes

Fabriclive.15/Nitin Sawhney

2 Likes

Bryan Ferry - Avonmore

Sunday morning CD. Smooooth.

6 Likes

Sounding special this morning…

Bill Evans - 1968 Live at Art D’Lugoff’s Top of The Gate

10 Likes

Great modern trio album, they again deliver with the help of Paulo Fresu, will definitely have more runs after this first run…

2 Likes

Vinyl:

Sheffield Steel, Joe Cocker;
Wings Over America, Wings;
Greatest Hits etc, Paul Simon.

4 Likes

Stevie Wonder’s golden period in the 70s really is golden. I discovered more of his back catalogue during the various lockdowns. An artist who combines great song-writing with great production - just a gorgeous sound.

23 Likes

Kandace Springs - My Name is Sheba

5 Likes

Listening in again as I was exploring my gaps in the Neil Young collection, as Qobuz has a deal on his music.

28 Likes

Rodrigo Concierto de Aranjuez
Pepe Romero
Academy of St. Martin in the Fields
Sir Neville Marriner

4 Likes

Very smooth for a Sunday afternoon, with “big log” as the grand finale

19 Likes

The Cure, Faith, whilst watching the footie n session in cabin gym.

10 Likes