What are you listening to in 2022 and why might anyone be interested

Good choice @TheKevster !

I’m back to Lez Zep. Just fab.

10 Likes

Calexico / Iron & Wine Years To Burn

12 Likes

Suzanne Vega, Solitude Standing volumes 1 & 2 Live from the Barbican, the utterly sublime Marlene on the Wall, still as stunning today as first time i heard it.

Great follow up to Margriet’s tribute to Eva.

21 Likes

Luv that long box set @Clive

Our Pathetic Age - DJ Shadow

4 Likes

Double purple vinyl:

17 Likes

2 x LP - Compost Records 2004 : )

<>

Compilation album of highly diggable contemporary fusion-funky-latin-jazzy tunes that are probably a bit underrated here but take my word for it this is quite okay and well worth the £5.86 i paid for it in 2013 :slightly_smiling_face: :+1:

5 Likes

Was the diggable/compost records pun intentional?

4 Likes

You know me, i’m very down to earth :upside_down_face:

5 Likes

21 Likes

Manassas. Self titled debut.
If I compiled a list of my top 50 albums I suspect a large proportion would have originated as double vinyl releases. This is a fine example.

Stephen is at his peak. Just imagine how good it would have been if he had played alongside some other top musicians.

19 Likes

Brilliant, early-ish Soul Jazz compilation.

5 Likes

Exploring Jimmy Smith on Qobuz (following a nod earlier in the week)

Jimmy Smith - Midnight Special (1962)

Jimmy Smith - Home Cookin’ (1959)

Bashin’ - The Unpredictable Jimmy Smith 1962)

15 Likes

4 Likes

Good man! :grinning:

Quick question: does anyone here use a Collaro red mat on their LP12 or any other deck?

And if so, would you recommend it?
I currently use the standard one that came with my LP12.

I know this question really belongs elsewhere on the forum but this where I mostly “hang out”.

2 Likes

Giving this one a spin tonight - unfairly underrated given brilliance of earlier work…

19 Likes

Me or Jimmy?

1 Like

New artist for me, apparently ex Suede guitarist……like this album……4 hours long. 2 hours in-now and still really like this.

5 Likes

Now playing…

Ludovic Navarre AKA St Germain - From Detroit to St Germain (The Complete Series for Connoisseurs)

Streaming on Qobuz (44.1/16)… kicking off this Saturday afternoon with St. Germain and getting some house music going in the back ground while doing some house work chores. Sounding sweet!

4 Likes